xxxiii. YOU'RE PREGNANT

[REQUEST - NO.39]

"You've got to be kidding."

"I don't even know what happened I mean-"

"I think I can guess what happened."

"Not like that. I'm just so confused and pretty scared."

"You have to trust Bucky. He'll be fine with it."

"But what if he's not."

For the rest of that week, you and Wanda never spoke of it. You trusted her because she was like a sister to you but you knew she thought that telling Bucky was the right thing to do.

Whenever Bucky entered the room the two of you would glance at each other and you could feel the tension build in you. Not to mention the guilt every time he kissed you or even smiled at you. He didn't know. And you weren't sure if you should tell him.

"It seems like the better idea." Steve said, taking your hand in his. Steve was one of your best friends as well as the team leader so you had to tell him that you could end up having this baby. You knew he might act a bit more wary around you when on missions but you hoped Bucky wouldn't notice.

"I don't want to tell him, Steve. What if he doesn't want this baby yet? He gets worried enough that he's going to hurt me and that stress could double with a baby around. He's not ready and quite frankly, neither am I."

Steve embraced you in a hug as you let out a disgruntled sigh. Things weren't in your control this time and that was quite certainly irritating to you. You knew that you had to tell Bucky but that was too daunting to you. Telling him meant you'd have to accept it too and you weren't sure if that was something you wanted to do.

So on Saturday when Tony was having another one of his grand parties, you took that as an excuse to loosen up and forget that you were actually pregnant.

"You alright doll, you've been acting strange all week?" Bucky questioned as he parked the car in front of Tony's place. You sent him a small smile. Bucky was always good at picking up things even if you were the best at hiding them.

"I'm fine. Absolutely fine." With that, you pressed a kiss to his cheek and stepped out of the car, ready to, hopefully, have a good time.

The night was going smoothly so far. You'd caught up with many of your friends and even found out some gossip going around S.H.I.E.L.D. Best of all, you'd avoided Bucky for a larger portion of the night. He wasn't really
one to socialise and you were afraid that meant he would hang around you. Usually, you loved Bucky's company and would have no problem with him being around but you knew the longer you spent with him, the more likely you were to let the secret slip out. Luckily, Steve seemed to catch on to your plan and he swooped Bucky away immediately to talk to just about everyone he knew and even some people he didn't.

You knew that Bucky was sending you a glance every couple of minutes to make sure you were okay so you were determined to be extra smiley every time you felt his gaze on you.

But once your cheeks hurt so badly you almost couldn't feel them, you decided to walk out onto the balcony to get some peace and quiet.

"What's a pretty thing like yourself doing out here, alone?" Your lips turned up in recognition of the smooth, low voice and Bucky leant on the balcony railing beside you. He handed you a glass of champagne and you took it, gladly.

You took a large sip before your eyes widened in realisation. You tried to turn away from Bucky, subtly, before spitting your mouthful back into the glass. Unfortunately, when you turned back around Bucky was looking at you, wide eyed.

"You're pregnant, aren't you?"

You guiltily nodded your head before setting the glass down on the table beside you. You let your head fall into
your hands as the tears welled up in your eyes. It was a shock to you how overwhelmed you'd become over this. Only after Bucky had found out did you feel as though the weight had been lifted off of your shoulders.

You weren't exactly looking forward to his reaction though.

You felt a hand grip you around your waist and suddenly you had been pulled into Bucky's body. You stopped yourself by pressing your palms into his chest and he steadied you, never breaking eye contact once. You flinched as he pressed his forehead to yours and lifted his hand up to your hair.

"You don't have to be afraid. I'm not
mad."

"Why not?" Bucky chuckled at your question yet, in a turn of events, you couldn't seem to find the humour in the situation.

"Because I love you." He brought his hand up to your jaw and titled your head upwards so that your eyes were looking directly into each other. You tried to avoid eye contact, embarrassed by the brimming tears but Bucky simply pressed a kiss to your lips and you reacted immediately, melting into it.

"I love you enough for me to not be afraid of starting a family with you, okay?" You simply nodded and wrapped your arms loosely around his neck before pulling him into a hug. He reciprocated the gesture by squeezing you a little tighter in his arms.

"Thank goodness you took our advice." Wanda sounded from the door that connected the balcony to the main party. Steve stood beside her with a small smirk forming on his face as he opened his mouth to comment. "Why do I feel like he found out instead of you telling him?"

You simply shook your head at the two as you stood there, one arm around Bucky's neck while he had one around your waist but you noticed that Bucky was definitely more confused. "Wait a second. You told them and you didn't tell me?"

"You know you really shouldn't make a pregnant woman upset."