Chibs - Not Where I belong

Start from the beginning

"Thank you" I say while the air leaves my lungs and I fall into her arms as if a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders "I love you mum...but I need my da"

"I know baby" she hushes "you have to come back and visit us, Fillip can go visit you sister in Belfast or you can both go and then get the boat over. If you can't I'll come to you, please promise you will phone me when you get their" I'm nodding before she has finished pulling my head from he shoulder to look at her.

________________________________________

I'm packed and ready to go. I'm going to miss Scotland a lot but I adapt quickly like my dad. When their is a chap at the door I'm still upstairs and I can hear the muffled voices as I step onto the landing.

"This your other wee one?" I hear my da ask as I stay still by the railing for the stairs listening to the conversation taking place.

"Aye wee James he's not the only one, I've got two more. Their out with their da the now" I sneak a look downstairs to see my dads surprised face, mum changes the subject "this wee one douts on our Y/N always by her side of not mine" by the look on my dads face he sensed the tone in mum voice just like I did. He tone letting dad know that I had people who love me here too and that he wasn't the only one.

"We'll come visit Lisa, whenever he want and you can come and satt, it's no bastle to me I've got a spare room. I'm not going to cut her out of your life darlin, I promise you that" mum has glassy eyes bis she does not dare to cry, not in front of dad. I decided that I should be making my appearance right about now.

I'm met with them both in the hall, looking very out of place and very uncomfortable as dad crouches down in front of James who smiles up at the unknown man, while da looks up at mum and she looks down at him.

"You ready father o' mine" I smile trying to lighten the mood. Since I found out that my da was in Belfast I phoned him everyday to make sure him and Carrianne where still alive. That's how the idea came about for me going back with my dad, it came up in conversation about him wanting to take both Carrieanne and her mom back to Charming but it wasn't what they wanted, it's what I wanted. I remember the conversation and it's the happiest I've been in a long time.

-------------------------------------------

"Aye well I was going to bring them back to Charming with me but it wouldn't be fair on yer sister, her life's here. I couldn't just take her away from everything" I hum in response to this the idea coming into my mind straight away. I talk with Carrie all the time over the phone and go to visit during the summer and I KNWO she would never just up and leave her home. But I would in a heart beat. "You okay darlin?"

"Take me" the words come out before I can stop them and I instantly regret it. He wouldn't want the responsibility of looking after me or having to deal with all my problems, but at the same time I thought to myself please say yes, because it's all I've ever wanted.

"Take you?" His voice is full of surprise and thick with confusion. I had never brought up the topic to each other, what he doesn't know is that I've been bringing it up at least once a week with my mum since I was 11. Every time she would tell me 'ask your da and we'll talk' but never had the courage to do it.

"I want to come with you da, I don't want to be here anymore. I hate John and I hate my mum for loving him. I hate my school, I don't have any friends." Years form and i don't notice the sudden wave of emotion taking over me until we can both here it in my voice "I wan to be with you, with the guys where people love me and I fit it, because I do dad I really do fit in with you not my mum, you" my throat is tight and my chest rises and falls at a rapid pace. I am suddenly very great full that I locked the botheoom door before coming in here.

The silence kills me because I think of everything he could say I don't want you to or you can't stay with me or I don't want you. Instead I her him let out a shaken breath and laugh softly from the other end of the phone.

"Do you know how fucking long I've been waitin for you to say that ta me lassie? Since ye could bloody talk" once he says that we both stay on the line, both crying and laughing at the same time liek a bunch of idiots but its the happiest I've ever been.

--------------------------------------------

He stands and smile coming instantly to his face as he takes two shorts strides towards me before picking me up into a bear hung and slinging me a few times, careful not to nock anything over in the tiny hall. "How's ma darlin girl, eh?"

"Ready to get going" I smile up at him and he returns it with the exact same smile on his face. I turn to my mum the smile on her face tells me that she'll be okay, she has her family and I have mine and even though we won't be together that's okay.