Chapter 26; Broken Trust And Hurt Eyes

Chapter 26:

"Noella dear, you trust way too much. What happened to that annoying wold of yours, that kept prancing around in your head?" she questioned. In all honesty I have never came face to face with the dark goddess.

"she happens to be silent, she only speaks when needed, but for the past months, she hasn't uttered a single word." I said honestly. It's true. She's been quiet.

"well, I have some information for you, you need to get her speaking again." she said simply.

"you see dark goddess, it's been a few months since the deal you and I made to swap information, but honestly, your words aren't making sense at all." I smiles gleefully.

She groaned and let out a sigh, "Noella I would think you were smart. Your wold can sense any Betrayal coming your way, and as you know someone I'll betraying you while you are here, so I suggest you speak to her and get her help." she says honestly.

"I think I figured That part out from the moment I was told there was a tractor working for me. But, I need information about Nathaniel! He's the one standing in my way." I said.

"well his is simple, you just need to be careful and be more away re if your surroundings, do not let your ignorance and thirst for revenue blind you, keep and open mind." she said.

I stopped for a moment, me? Loose my sight and be blinded by my desires? Never. "I thought you knew me goddess, but it seems you don't, before my desires, it's logic." I replied cunningly.

Hearing a sigh, I smiled more, "Well it seems so, but I'm telling you something is going to happen during this time you're looking for a traitor." her voice echoed. Soon the dawned fish came my way opening its mouth far and wide, swallowing me, bringing me one very additional into the dark abyss.

My eyes shot open, as I stretched getting off my bed. I need to find whoever it is, and I need to find the culprit soon. I walked downstairs, only to see Rose cookibg away. Blegh. I sat down as I poured a glass of orange juice and put bread into the toaster.

"Noella dear, I'm cooking." she said happily. I'm not going to die today.

"Rose, no thank you. Please continue to take lessons from the chef, I'm sure you'll improve." I said to her honestly.

Rose then pouted, and turned back to her cooking. I smiled as I drank away and not on my toast. I then walked upstairs, only to hear a voice. I walked slowly only to hear Dax.

"I won't betray you." he whispered, I quickly had behind the wall. It seemed he was talking over the phone. I know he won't be able to since my scent, since practically the whole palace smells like me. I did some adjustments.

"no I swear, I'll get her to you, she won't live to know. She is after all yours is she not?" could Dax be the one betraying Me?

No! I refuse to believe that! He has been through so much with me. He struggled so much with me, he wouldn't. He is too good to betray. Soon a voice snapped me out if my thoughts.

"I didn't think it would be him." William stood beside me. "you think he betrayed you?" he said.

I kept quiet looking away. Dax would never do that to me, he wouldn't. It wouldn't sink in.

"I guess you have to take action if you really believe it was him." William concluded. He was right, but why would he talk at a moment like this?

Ignoring him I walked to my office. Dax. Dax. Dax. He wouldn't. I can't wrap my mind around it. I can't. I held my hair in frustration.

'Eliot, seize Daxton, for going against the crown and helping enemy' I said through mingling, not trusting my voice to be able to give the order.

Soon I could hear yelling from outside my office. I could hear him giving a fight. I got up and walked out my office to stand in front of him.

"Noella, tell them to leave me! I haven't done anything wrong, why don't you ask your wolf! I'm being honest! You know I would never betray you!" he yelled.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry Dax, but you have gone against the crown and I can't let you go for that." I said to him.

He looked at me hurt, betrayed, pained. "And you believe that?!" he questioned.

"I'm sorry. Not William has shown me proof, I heard you on the phone and I know, so you are now a prisoner. Take him away!" I said. As Dax got dragged away without putting up a fight.

A hand was put on my shoulder. "you had to do the right thing," I heard Eliot sat, and soon I was brought into a world of darkness.

*******************

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat just happened?!?! Did she just Faint or was there something more. Is Daxton really the culprit?

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

Enjoy