Chapter 16

(Mitch's POV)

I breath in slowly and turn to Tyler again. I glare at him slightly and then turn my glare to the bars. I close my eyes and call to Albern. I feel him nod and grab onto the bars. They burn slightly but not as bad as I would've thought, they felt almost like a small pinch or sting with heat. I pulled on the bars, trying not to fall from the table top as I do so. I squeeze my eyes tightly together and yank roughly, hearing the pop of metal against wood and stone. I hear Tyler cheering and look up, dropping the metal pipes from my hands. I did it. Now I just have to get the last one off. I moved to get the last one, gripping it tightly between both hands. My eyes wander to the group of people huddled outside, no one has notice yet- goood. I yank and the silver pipe pops off. I smile and turn to Tyler. I laugh when I see he's jumping around excitedly.
"Come on, Tyler. Let's get outta here." He nods happily and looks at me.
"Let's get outta this hell hole!" I chuckle and nod. I climb through the opening, followed by Tyler. A growl resonates from below us. I jump and my feet slip lightly. I grab onto the stone chimney beside me, thanking the heavens. I hear a scream and look over, damn it Tyler! He falls and I reach out for him yet it's to late, he's falling. "Tyler!" I watch as he falls. He falls and his screaming resonates around the forest. We may be wolves, but we can't catch ourselves from a fall this big, especially when we're falling back first. A warrior wolf could catch themselves easily, not no ordinary wolf that hasn't been to a training in his life. A blur of blue comes from within the house and I don't hear Tyler screaming anymore. I look over the side and see that Tyler is in the arms of a guy with dirty blond hair and bright blue eyes. Oh thank you, Luna. I breath a sigh of relief and look to see that Tyler is shaking his head and, probably, mouthing off to the guy that caught him. I chuckle lightly and hear another growl from the floor. I look down and see two people looking up at me with glowing eyes, one of anger and one of worry. I gulp and take a step back. I hear a crack and my foot slips from out under me. The board falls to the floor and I'm hanging.
"You have go to be kidding me!" I hear a crack and see the pipe coming out. Great I just put this up last week! The pipe busts and I'm falling. I bite my tongue to not let a scream come out. I look down to see the ground coming closer and closer. Maybe this is it. Maybe I'm meant to die, life wasn't that good anyways. I don't have a mate, and probably never will. I don't have any blood related family that cares for me, I just have my friends that I consider family. I'm sorry, Tyler. I'm sorry, Ty. I'm sorry, Seto. I'm sorry, mom, dad. I take a deep breath in. Then, I'm laying in something warm and tingly. I keep my eyes clenched shut together and my breath held. I hear a chuckle from above me and slowly open one of my eyes. I look up and my breath comes out in a slow puff. Those eyes. Those deep, dark brown that I swear I've seen before. He looks at me with so many emotions going through those eyes; happiness, excitement, worry, sadness, recognition, but most of all- love. I let my eyes wonder to the rest of his face; his nose that is slightly bigger than most, yet I love already, his sharp cheek bones and thin lips. I could feel my wolf yipping with joy but for what, I do not know. His eyes stare into mine and I can fell him start to lean in, until a loud growl resonates throughout the area. We both break eye contact and look in the direction. Uh oh, Conner is probably pissed. Ok, I lied. He is pissed. He stomps over, the crowd breaking apart like the Red Sea. I hold my breath when he's close enough to reach out and touch me. His eyes glow a bright amber, which is terrifying must I say. He glares at me and I quickly scramble out of.... what's his name again? Is he knew to our school? I've seen his face before, right? I remember people talking about him, now what did they say his name was? Isn't his name like Jeremy? No, that's not it, Jeremiah? No.... dang it, Mitch!
"Why were you in Jerome's arms?" Jerome! That's his name! I knew I've heard him from somewhere! He's the new alpha in town that's.... signing a treaty with.... Connor. Great, I fell in the arms of the one that Connor is trying to impress.
"Mitchell are you even listening to me!" I jump and shake my head to get rid of the daze I was in. Well shoot if I wasn't dead before I am now. I let out a little chuckle and bite the inside of my lip. I shake my head and bring my hands to my sides. He puffs out air through his nose and squints his eyes.
"Why are you out of your room. I told you to stay there for the rest of the day." I glance at Jerome and look towards Connor. I have no answer actually. I just felt like I needed to get out, like some kind of pull maybe? I open my mouth to speak, say anything at least, but no words come out. Great, now I probably look like a fish.
"ANSWER ME!" Connor's eyes glow a brighter amber, showing that his wolf is taking over and quickly, I can feel my wolf's ears flatten and I bite my tongue to not let a whimper escape my lips, I have learned that all that does is encourage Connor as well as his wolf. I stay quiet. Connor raises his clenched fist, making me clench my eyes shut. I wait for the pain of my his fist connecting with my face, or my body, but fell nothing. I hear a grunt and slowly open my eyes to a- very- surprising sight. Jerome was standing in front of me, eyes glowing a dark black and teeth clenched. I follow his gaze and take a step away from the seething Connor. Jerome had caught his fist between his own.
"You will not harm my mate if you want this treaty to last." Jerome's voice was booming across the area as he spoke in his alpha tone. My wolf howled joyously, yet I stood frozen. Was he talking about me? Did he just call me his mate? I have a mate? I have a mate! Wait, that means I have an alpha mate. I have a mate, that's an alpha. Oh my goddess, I'm a Luna.