Chapter 1: Nightingale

I remember the words clearly, as if it all just happened yesterday. "Your a bleeder..."Herra said as the tip of the needle was piercing through my pale, unscathed skin. Tracing over a design that was just as intricate and plain as the world around me. She paused for a moment as she looked back at my hair that had fallen in front of my  face. It was crisp and wavy, and looked like snow. Complete opposite to her short dark purple that seemed to have a slight red burn into it, her dark blue hues eyeing me. My red and purple eyes were closed shut. It was clear that   I had never done this before, so it was obvious for it to hurt. That, and it was on the back of my wrist, so yeah, not the most pleasant of places to get it. But at the same time, it's not like I had much of a choice. Still, she dismissed it and took out the needle for just a second, only to leave the room. A few seconds later, she came back with a lollipop in her hand and unwrapped it, completely shoving it into my mouth to help quiet me and soothe my pain. I looked back at her with shimmering eyes, wondering why she was helping me, yet her expression remained emotionless.

As time passed I looked up at the clock, my heart beating loud in my chest. Time always seemed to have stood still for so long here and I never knew why. Maybe it was always this way and I never knew it...? My thoughts were interrupted as she finished the design. Then she patted the top of my head for me to look at it. I turned my gaze and blinked. It was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. Well second to my baby cousin Ursula. It was a red and purple rose with black tips. From the tips, it was dripping black ink and there was one small hummingbird to the left of it, and a small nightingale to the right. On the petals were small little keys that were on each and every petal of the flower. And some dark blue glitter dusted to make it pop out more. My eyes shimmered at its beauty, completely captivated and unable to look away.

"You like it?" Herra asked.
"Yes...its...perfect..." I replied.
She smiled faintly. "Free of charge April." I was confounded. "B-But Herra, I can't just not pay, what if-"
Her finger pressed to my lips to silence me. "My treat, now go..." She smiled. Not knowing why, I hugged her torso and she hugged back, a few silent tears fell down both of our faces as I slowly pulled back and began to walk out, opening the door slightly and taking a deep breath, about to step out once more to the world around me...

HELL...