1

Dear Autumn,

It's me again. Remember how last year I kept you company every day in October? I'm going to do it this year as well, and I hope that makes you as happy as it makes me. I feel like I have more to say this year, whether that's because I've become more confident and open with my writing or whether I've just gotten more comfortable with you, who can say??

I hope you don't mind that I'm writing to you again. I hope you're not disappointed, because I'm so excited to start things with you again. Before I started writing this, I read my first and last letter from 2015, because the first and the last seemed most important. How we begin and how we end, and the good and bad in between.

I told you about the person I hoped I would be when October strolled into town again, and I'm honestly not sure if I am that person yet. Somedays I feel like I am and others days I feel oceans away from where I want to be. But I'll let you be the judge, Autumn.

So right now you're seeing a girl who hugs more and talks more and speaks up a little bit more, a girl who likes wearing makeup and a girl who's making more friends and getting closer with her old ones. Are you proud of me, Autumn? But you're also seeing a girl who's a little more sad some days and whose brain doesn't know how to be happy sometimes, and a girl who has one year of school left and is scared and confused about everything ahead of her.

But I am sure of one thing, Autumn. You are definitely here, with your cold kisses and embraces of chilly air. Thanks for showing up when I needed you most.

Author's Note: Ayy, so it's that time of year again! I'm honestly so excited about this year's letters and I can't wait to have these to write everyday. This series was inspired by Carrie Hope Fletcher's Letters To Autumn, and also this wouldn't be possible without my lovely friend Emina(tamnoplavo), who also writes letters, but they are far better than me and I'm so thankful for all her support with these. <3