blueberry yogurt

Jimin locked eyes with her for a quick second, and turned away. He felt his cheeks heat up, as he stared at the countertop where there was a sign reminding customers that 'We Check ID!' He wasn't even old enough to sell alcohol himself. Whenever the situation came about, he always had to wait for an employee of legal age to come in and do it for him, which with the graveyard shift, could take a while. The day that some scary man comes in asking for beer will probably be Jimin's last day on Earth.

The girl disappears behind the aisle of candy and heads to the back. He couldn't see her, but he could hear her. The loud ruffling and crunching of chip bags, opening and closing of the doors that held drinks and refrigerated foods, and he even heard her drop a box of candy, unsure if she picked it up or not. He groaned internally, imagining the pile of junk food this girl will reappear with. She was probably drunk or high or both, looking for a quick fix for the munchies. He sank back into his slouched position and waited.

She turned the corner, but without the pile of food. Instead, she held one single item. He squinted to see what it was as she approached the counter. She walked confidently up to the cashier, and put her one and only item down.

Blueberry yogurt.

Jimin drew his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Um, is this all?" He remembered his list of phrases to say to a customer, but was easily distracted by the beauty that stood before him.

"Yep." She smiled politely. Her voice sounded identical to the whistling of wind--light and airy, but still carried itself strongly. It was soothing.

"Uh," He stuttered. "Did you find everything alright?"

She paused, "Uhh, yeah."

"Are you sure you don't need anything else? You seemed like you were digging around quite a bit back there." He chuckled awkwardly, trying to hold on to any conversation he could get with her.

"Are you gonna let me buy my yogurt or not?" She said playfully, but Jimin blushed anyways. He stopped talking and rang up the yogurt. 

"Would you like a bag for your blueberry yogurt?" Jimin smiled slightly.

She gave him a funny look, somewhere in between the lines of pity and concern, like he had just made a bad joke. "No thanks, I think I can carry my yogurt next door." Her voice was hinted with sarcasm, but not in a malicious way. Somehow, she still sounded pure and sweet.

"Oh, ok. Well, have a good night, or morning I guess." Jimin bowed his head at her. She bowed hers back and she left, her dark eyelashes and monkey printed pajamas never leaving his mind.