prologue

It was Jimin's first day on the job, and he was struggling to keep his eyes open as he stared at the clock.

2:25am.

Jimin thought back to his mother's scolding face when she had caught him lounging on the couch all day.

The same day she had heard about a job opening at their local gas station.

"Hey, I saw that Stop N Go was hiring." She said, glaring at him.

Jimin tousled his raven black locks and stared back at his mom.

"And?"

"And, that is my most polite way of telling you to get off your butt and find a job." His mother crossed her arms.

Jimin sighed heavily in defeat.

He knew his mom was right.

But he didn't want her to be.

He was dragged out of his thoughts with a loud clap.

Jimin shook his head and allowed his eyes to refocus to who was in front of him.

Jimin's manager was looking at his newest employee with disappointment.

"I know I gave you the graveyard shift, but I'm not paying you to sleep. Stop N Go, the best convenience store in the country, I might add, runs a tight ship." His manager shot daggers at him through his eyes.

As he bowed apologetically, Jimin got back to work, which consisted of nothing at this hour.

His manager proceeded to walk out the door, but not before giving him one last warning glare.

Jimin stood alert, and took inventory of his surroundings. Rows of unhealthy snacks, toiletries, and a wall of refrigerated drinks in the back stood before him. The place was bland, to say the very least.
He looked out the wide front window and saw the quiet neighborhood and thought about the long night ahead of him.
He was lonely. And having a job sucked.

With 1 hour left until closing, he felt his eyes grow heavy and his legs start to ache.
As he felt his sanity start to drain, he heard the bell above the door chime, signaling the entrance of a customer.

He lazily lifted his head toward the direction of the sound.

And suddenly, it was as if the air in the room had thinned. His whole mind was cloudy, but at the same time, everything seemed crystal clear.

A girl dressed in a white tank top, and fuzzy monkey-printed pajama bottoms stepped confidently through the door, with her pink slippers leading the way. Her hair was thrown into a messy bun that engulfed the top of her head. Jimin could see that she wore no makeup by the way her natural red cheeks shone in the fluorescent lighting.

She was beautiful.

a/n:
hey guys!!!! so here is the long awaited project ahhhhh i hope u guys love it :)))
i'm also very excited to announce that this is my first ever collab w my homegirl fireyoongi <333 micky & i are gonna be workin our butts off to make this a bomb story so get ready ;;))) also go follow and support micky she's super sweet n lovely and an amazing writer!
love u guys!!!

- han