Chapter 25

Time skip to 2 months after Winter Break

____________________________________________________________________

Lucy sighed. It seemed that she was never going to discover what it was that her mother and Professor Snape were hiding. Looks like her plan B was going to have to come into play. Plan A, which had been wait for Snape to tell her, wasn't working so well.

PLAN B

Whenever Lucy wasn't in class, she was either watching Snape, or searching for him. After a week of trailing after him, or stalking him as some would call it, she finally got him alone.

Poor Neville had tripped on his untied shoelaces and accidentally hit a cauldron. When Neville tried to stop it from spilling (he didn't succeed) he hit the table, which toppled over spilling freshly brewed potions everywhere. As punishment Neville was forced to clean the whole mess up, alone, without any magic.

After dinner, Snape swept into his classroom to review Neville's work. A minute or so later, an exhausted Neville trudged out of the potion's classroom and Lucy ventured in.

____________________________________________________________________

"Professor Snape" Snape looked up from the parchment he was writing on. When Lucy didn't continue, he spoke. "Well, what is it that made you intrude on my personal time?"

Lucy decided to be direct. "What is the meaning of the letters between you and my mother? How did the two of you meet in the first place, and what is it that you told Mother that you would tell me?"

"Sit down, please." Snape instructed in his usual slow tone, though there was a hint of s sigh. Lucy sat and waited.