viii

the group stayed silent as harry out another sob. the overwhelming smell of tears made liam wince and zayn wrapped his arms tighter around him. "n-no offense harry, but the smell of your tears hurt."

"what?" harry wrapped his arms around himself and a rush of cold air whipped through his body.

"the scent, it's—its strong. a little too strong." liam abruptly stood and marched out the door, zayn following quickly.

it was only him and niall. "why don't you wanna go? it's been months."

"i'd be too guilty. i should've been there, he was right there. i should've helped, h-he whispered to me that he thought he loved me, but how could he love me and he didn't even know what love was? now he's gonna hate me for not rescuing him and i promised, i fucking promised i'd never leave him again that day he kept dropping like it was nothing because of his attachment problem and niall i can't take this, he's gone and i just feel so empty, never have i ever felt this way before and i can't even piss without crying and i'm miserable—"

"harry."

"—it's like i can feel everything, yet nothing at the same time and it's so fucking painful and confusing, niall i can't stop crying—"

"harry, calm down."

"—why did he have to stop on my doorstep, there's a million houses in this neighborhood but he stops at my house and fuck, he marches in my life then tears me apart and just leaves—"

"you're wheezing." niall placed his hand on harry's and began to breathe dramatically. "follow my lead."

harry watched niall's chest rise and fall at a steady pace and copied, his ragging breaths and burning lungs slowly returning to normal. niall pushed harry's head into his chest and rocked him side to side, humming a soft song.

harry sniffed.

"do wanna go find kitty?"

"i-i don't know."

____

the club looked like an accident; it was just a one story building in black, a small "club" written above the door. as they got closer, there was only one guard dog, the same one from the theater.

"guilty pleasures?" his voice was low and his quiff was high and harry almost had tears in his eyes.

"plushie."

the inside of the building was almost overwhelming, there were hybrids and humans and everything inbetween. it was like the inside of a club times two with multiple bars, flashing lights, and a nauseous harry in the middle.

he couldn't see, he couldn't breathe, he couldn't even feel his heartbeat.

he took small steps forward, towards the bar. bunny, fox, dog, and cats, everything surrounded him, yet none of it was what he needed.

the walls were a few shades too blue and the stools were a too light brown and even the pinkness of his drink was too unbearable. all he thought about was kittykittykitty and when did he get so dependent on him.

"excuse me sir," his voice was deep and his jet black hair was pushed up into a man bun and his calloused hands were holding harry's biceps. "may i ask for your name?"

"i—"

"hazza!" harry has never been so drunk off of a sound.

"kitty?" but when he turned around, there was no one in sight. "kitty?"

no one answered. harry stood up and search all around, every room, every bathroom, he looked at everyone, but found nothing. it was all too much, so harry got up.

he left.

he jumped in his car and drove until small snowflakes covered his car and wow, time has flew. his hair was a bit longer, a little longer than his shoulders and his cheeks weren't as chubby. a couple months of sorrow has changed him so much.

the snow started picking up as soon as he pulled into the driveway. everything was mixing together and it's almost been a year since he's met kitty. it's amazing.

he shut the door and threw off his shoes, plopping into his favorite couch, picking up the remote and powering it on. "—i advise all citizens to stay off of the roads and stay inside. there is a blizzard heading our way, and it's not pretty."

harry scoffed and flipped to another channel. there was a small scape heard from the front door. he sighed and peeked back out the window. the wind was starting to pick up.

another scrape.

"meow." harry froze. he got up and crept to the front door, but there was no one in the peephole. he slowly unlocked and opened the door, and curled onto the mat was the blue eyed, fringe wearing beauty.

"k-kitty?" kitty hopped into harry's arms, right where he belonged. he slowly pushed back his soft hair and even scratched this special spot behind his ear. kitty purred and leaned forward, slotting their lips together. his lips were soft and a bit cold from the air and harry almost forgot they were outside until kitty shivered.

"kitty?"

"hazza, daddy, princess." harry picked him up and carried him inside to his favorite couch. kitty crawled into his lap and snuggled himself closer to his chest. it was warm. it was perfect.

"i love you, princess."

fin.
word count :: 882
completed / unedited