"Hey, we deserve each other, baby. You're stuck with me. I will never let you go, kahit 10, 20 years na tayong mag asawa, babakuran pa rin kita, great wall of Alden pa rin ako kahit ilang taon na tayo."

She suddenly remembered something. "Baby wait. May gift din ako sayo." She got up and walked over to the walk-in closet, taking a brown envelope from under her clothes. She gave the brown envelope to him, biting her lip as she did so, hoping he would like her gift.

He looked at her questioningly and opened the envelope, sliding its contents on the bed. The envelope contained brochures and prospectuses of different aviation schools, courses for private and commercial pilot studies. He stared at the brochures until his eyes blurred because of tears.

"Babe? I wasn't sure kung alin sa mga schools na yan ang pinakamaganda ang curriculum, so I inquired with three schools. Pili ka na lang from the three, Kung private pilot course pala, three months lang ang course, kayang kaya mo isingit sa schedule mo. I couldn't think of a better gift kasi alam kong pangarap mo ito---"

He hugged her, crying happy tears. Oh God, oh God, his lifelong dream was within reach. Maine was giving him the best gift, a fulfilment of a childhood dream.

"Thanks, Maine. Thanks." He said, his voice muffled as he mumbled against her shoulder.

"Did you like my gift?" She asked uncertainly. He pulled her to his lap and hugged her.

"Best. Gift. Ever." He punctuated each word with a kiss on her mouth.

-----

11:00 AM November 11, 2018

They arrived at the church and saw both sides of their families already there. The twins were at their best behavior, smiling and laughing at people, cooing in response to people who talked to them. The EB Dabarkads were also there, as well as some of the Sunday Pinasaya folks. Jerald, Ryan, Sam, Kris and Direk Mike completed the godfathers while Patring, Pauleen, Pia, Coleen, Valeen and Celeste were the godmothers. Both Maine and Alden were so touched that the people closest to them really took the time to be here with them

"I love you," Alden mouthed at Maine, and she responded likewise.

After a year, who would have thought that they would surpass all the challenges they faced, without once thinking of giving up? Maine, who used to expect the worst all the time, was able to hold on especially when the twins needed to be left in the hospital. They made each other strong, their love proved it was the real thing, dispelling all predictions of naysayers.

Alden was sure they would still encounter more difficult challenges along the way, but if their first year was any indicator of the strength of their relationship, then they both knew what to do in trying times. They got into the van to change the twins' clothes into something more comfortable. Taking down the backrest of the passenger seats, they were able to lay the twins down, to make it easier for them to change their clothes.

Suddenly, Siegfried turned over and was on his stomach, his head proudly held up, kicking his feet, his arms resting on his elbows.

"Look, babe, Siegfried can turn over. Dumadapa na siya, hahaha ang cute."

"Wala yan mas nauna akong dumapa kanina," Alden joked, looking at her meaningfully. "Pwede bang dumapa ulit mamaya?"

"Grabe ka, Faulkerson," Maine said, blushing. She pulled him close and whispered, "Promise yan ha."

And they both laughed, the twins laughing with them. Life was good. Really good.

 Photo Credit :  https://www

 Photo Credit :  https://www.verywell.com/infant-boygirl-twins-photo-gallery-4020383

FIN

A/N:

THANK YOU FOR READING UP TO THIS PART OF THE STORY.

Thank you for persevering during times I couldn't update immediately, because reality caught up with me. Thank you for all the encouragement and comments, this was a great journey made pleasant because you were all with me.

Till next fic, my friends......Arrivederci :)