Chapter 11

"What do you think it is?" Sam asked.

"I'm pretty sure it's just the typical vengeful spirit."

He nodded, "Alright then, you ready?" he asked. I nodded in reply. We were back in business.

A few hours later, we arrived at the victim's house and knocked on the door, posing as the typical FBI agent. A younger woman answered the door, she couldn't have been more then 30 years old.

"I'm Special Agent Mulder, this is my partner, Special Agent Scully (I'm total X-Files trash...)." I said, Sam and I flashing our fake ID's and badges. "We're here about the death of your husband." I stated.

She looked at me in confusion, "I already talked to the police"

"Why does everyone say that?" I thought to myself. Luckily, Sam continued talking to her. She invited us in, and Sam and I had the chance to investigate for ourselves. I walked around some of the rooms, looking for EMF. Sam was constantly behind me, once or twice he would lay a hand on my hip, letting me know he was there.

In the room where the husband was killed, the EMF detector I held began going crazy. I looked at Sam, who nodded in understanding.

Suddenly, the spirit came out of nowhere and knocked Sam backwards. I screamed his name as he hit the wall and sunk to the floor, barely conscious. The woman came running to see what the commotion was about.

"Stay back!" I told her. Reluctantly, I left Sam to run out to the Impala and grab the salt I brought with us, along with my sawed off.

"Here, stand here." I told the woman after I made a salt circle. She obeyed. I went and quickly lifted a still barely conscious Sam.

"Dean..." he began, but I shushed him, and placed him inside the circle. I joined the other two, sawed off at the ready.

"Was there ever a murder in this house?" I asked the woman. She seemed frantic as she tried to process what was happening.

"Um, yeah" she started thoughtfully, "Right before my husband and I bought this house. That's why it was so cheap." she continued.

I nodded, "You don't happen to know the name?"

She thought for a bit, before it came to her, "Her name was Mary Shelley"

Sam stirred, gaining the rest of his consciousness back. Forgetting everything, I scooted over to him.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked, moving a piece of hair from his eyes.

He nodded, "I think so, just a little headache."

"Good, because we have a grave to dig up." I smiled.

I turned back to the woman, "You know how to shoot?"

She raised an eyebrow, "I got it." she smirked at me and smiled confidently.

I smiled back at her, "Just shoot anything that moves. It's just rock salt, and it'll make her dissipate for a while." She nodded. Sam and I walked out to go to the graveyard to finish the job.

We arrived less than five minutes later.

"You sure you're okay?" I asked Sam.

"Dean! I'm fine, I've been hit worse."

I leaned over to quickly peck his lips before we both climbed out of the car. I tossed a shovel at Sam, who caught it. We found the grave and started digging.

About half an hour later, we were just under halfway done. I shrugged out of my suit jacket and quickly rolled up my sleeves. Sam stared at me.

"No" I said

"I didn't say anything!" he said defensively, already digging further into the ground.

"You were thinking." I replied before picking up my own shovel again. He looked up at me with a smirk plastered on his face and rolled his eyes.

Another half an hour passed before we finally found the coffin. I opened it. The intense smell of death raised from the decayed body laying in the coffin. I climbed out of the hole to grab the salt, gasoline, and lighter. Sam followed me. I salted the bones, poured the gasoline over top and finally dropped the lighter it. Sam slid his hand into mine as we watched the roaring flames.

"Let's go. Hopefully it worked."

Sam nodded and I guided him back to the Impala to take the short drive back to the victim's house.

We arrived and cautiously walking inside. The young woman was still inside the circle, my sawed off by her side.

"She... she went up in flames." the woman stuttered, shocked by what happened. Sam and I looked at each other.

"Yes, she did, you should be safe now." Sam told her in his calming voice. I melted a bit at the way he treated the complete stranger.

"Thank you, so much" she said, before giving Sam and I a small, but uncomfortable hug.

"Just doing our job." I told her, carefully pushing her off Sam and I. We both walked out to head back to the bunker.