Chapter 9

The rest of the day and part of the next was filled with doctors and nurses coming in and out of my room, taking me away for tests, bringing me back, and shoving medication into my body.  One thing was amazing, though, Sammy only ever left me one time.

Finally, toward afternoon, my doctor came back in.

"Alright, it seems that Dean is doing fine, so you may take him home.  Just keep an eye on him for the next day or so."

I smiled happily at Sam as he squeezed my hand tightly.

"Oh, I almost forgot, no 'extracurricular activities' for at least a day or two." the doctor said, winking.

"Awe, come on! Have you seen this man?" I joked, winking at Sammy, whose face reddened slightly while he laughed awkwardly. The doctor smiled and shook his head.

"Alright then, I'll let you two alone to get ready to go home." The doctor then left.  Sam handed me a wrapped box.

"What's this for? It's not my birthday or an anniversary, is it?" I asked.

"No, just something you wanted." he replied.

I gave him a confused look, but unwrapped the small box. Under the wrapping was a wooden box with an odd symbol.  I opened the box, it contained a single, old-fashioned looking key.

"What is this?" I asked.

"You'll see.  Let's go." Sam said excitedly.

"I think I like this side of you." I said as I climbed out of the bed and quickly got changed out of the hospital clothes into my normal clothing.  Sam grabbed my hand and pulled me all the way out of the hospital.

The Impala was dented in a couple places, but she still ran.  We both climbed in. This time, Sam drove so he could show me my surprise.

Less than an hour later, we pulled up to a very old looking building. 

"This is it?" I asked skeptically as I got out of the Impala.

"Yep, just wait until you see the inside. If knowledge was power, this would be the most powerful place on Earth." Sam explained.  I nodded.

Suddenly, Sam swept me off my feet and held me bridal style.

"Sam... What are you doing?"

"Carrying you over the threshold"

I held on tightly around his neck while he unlocked the door with one hand. He swung open the door. I gasped. There was a trail of rose petals beginning at the doorway. Sam looked at me and raised his eyebrows hopefully. I wiggled out of his grip to follow the trail. It lead into a central area where some candles had been lit. On one of the tables was a fresh baked pie.

I turned to Sam, "Is this why you left me?" My eyes filled with joyful tears. He nodded. I wrapped my arms around his neck and crashed our lips together. His hands found my waist as he kissed back. I broke the kiss after a few minutes.

"Do you know how amazing you are? I love you, so much" I whispered against his lips.

"You're worth it." he replied, then reconnected our lips.

Suddenly, Sam pushed me away slightly.

"What's wrong?" I asked, still holding onto him.

"Remember what the doctor said? We can't do anything." he explained.

"But... I don't care." I said, kissing his neck. He pushed me away again.

"You might not, but I care for you." he said. I looked at him sadly.

"Ugh! I hate you." I lovingly teased.

"C'mon, I know what we can do." he grabbed my hand and pulled me into a living room. (I cannot remember if the real bunker had a living room, but I had to manipulate aspects for the fic.) He sat me down on the sofa, quickly ran back and returned, carrying the pie, two plates and forks. Sam plopped next to me on the sofa and turned on the TV.

"There, now even though you are still recovering, we can watch out for upcoming cases." I smiled at him and scooted closer. One of his arms went around me and he kissed the top of my head. He dished out the pie and handed me on of the plates. I stared at him in awe.

"What?" he asked once he noticed my staring.

"I just can't believe you. You are literally the best person in the world." I said. He smiled at me before pecking my lips.