Chapter 6

I scrambled out of bed as Dad angrily walked over. He went for Sam. I winced when I heard the slap. Sam was startled awake by the contact.

"Ow, what the hell Dean!" he yelled and put his hand to the red cheek. Then he saw that it wasn't me who slapped him. His eyes widened and his face paled. I was frozen, I wanted to help, but I was in shock.

"Dad, we can --" Sam started trying to explain, but was cut off by a "shut up" and a punch to the face. Dad then got up and started to walk away.

"You two are on your own now. Don't come to me for anything." he said calmly before slamming the door shut. A few minutes later, we heard a car engine start and pull out onto the road.

"Sammy?" I said. He groaned from the bed. I crawled over to him and held him.

"Shhh, it's okay" I cooed. I accessed the damage. It wasn't horrible, just a red mark from the slap and a small gash from the punch.

"Here, let me fix you" I walked away from him to grab the first aid kit in my bag. I took out an instant ice pack and a butterfly bandage.

"I see why you wanted to keep this a secret." He said once I came back over to him. I grunted in response as I straddled him and began to close his gash with the bandage and place the ice pack on his cheek. He smiled at my position on his lap. I rolled my eyes jokingly.

"Okay. I'm all done." I said, then began to get off him. He stopped me.

"Stay." I sighed and nodded. He pulled me back into my original position and softly rubbed my thighs.

"Is there something you want?" I asked.

"Yeah, you"

"Ha ha, funny"

"I'm serious." he leaned forward to kiss me. I couldn't help but kiss him back. He suddenly flipped us so he was on top of me. My hands got entangled into his hair. I pulled slightly, making him moan. He broke away.

"C'mon Sammy, you just can't stop now"

"I'm sorry, but my head hurts."

I immediately went from being annoyed with my younger brother to laying next to him, trying to ice his headache away. The things this man does to me.

"I love you" he said

"I love you too"

"Is it any better?" I asked several minutes later. He nodded.

"Thanks" he said with a wide smile. I pecked his lips.

"We should probably find a new case to work on" I suggested.

Sam nodded, "I'll look online, you can take the newspaper"

He moved to the dining table with his laptop, and I sat beside him with a newspaper. I could feel his eyes on me. I looked over to him. He was staring at me with a small smile on his face.

"What?" I asked, laughing slightly.

"Have I ever told you that you are gorgeous?"

"Actually, no you haven't"

"Well, you are gorgeous." He scooted his chair closer to mine and placed his arm around my waist. I leaned onto him and felt him kiss my forehead.

"I wish we could have a house of our own" I suddenly said. Sam looked down at me with confusion.

"That came out of nowhere"

"I was just thinking about how nice it would be to just have a home to call our own that we could walk into at the end of most days. Unless of course, we aren't near the state it's in." I explained.

Sam nodded, "Yeah, that would be nice"