Chapter 16

(I know I said 20, but the next chapter is going to be the last, until I go back and do edits.)

Queintin sat down beside me and looked at my face which felt swollen to me. The pain was still there but faint. I would probably have a bruise, but I could see in his eyes he planned to do worse to Bryson. I reached out and grabbed his hand squeezing it gently to let him know I was fine. I probably should have been scared, but at this point there were more guns on my side then on Bryson's. Even if he managed to kill one of us, he would not make it out alive. Yet something told me it was not going to be that simple. He purposely wanted Quintin and Janelle here.
"That last job you did for Me. Sparenza was set in to play by my brother. That is how Toni knew everything, we worked out the details together." Bryson said smiling, "I counted on her," he pointed to Janelle, "little boyfriend to be there and his cousin. However you...that threw off things a bit. He was not supposed to come out of it alive. My brother had us interact with you because of your relationship to Janelle's sister."
Quientin kept a straight face as the words processed in his mind. Yet I could see it in his eyes he was pissed. Everything that went wrong between us was because of this game Bryson and his brother were playing that involved my sister.
"So he thought he could get to me through a sister I had just found out I had. He must have been really desperate." Janelle said her eyes never leaving Bryson. "Tell me, where is this "wife," of yours?"
Bryson chuckled, "On a plane. As soon as you reappeared. Well you know, no point in either of us sticking around. The only reason I'm still here right now is to give you a message."
"Oh I'm listening." Janelle said.
"He wants you to come back now." Bryson said.
Janelle looked thoughtful for a moment. "Tell him I will return, but it will never be on his terms."
"You're not tired of running?" Bryson asked. His voice was soft.
I watched how he looked at her. She narrowed her eyes, "I am not a pawn in whatever sick game he chooses to be in. I left..." she shook her head, "Tell him I will return, when I fucking feel like it. And when I do he will regret the day he laid eyes on me."
Bryson stood, "If that's the message you want to send him."
"It is." She snapped.
Bryson shook his head and started towards the door when Quintin said, "Do you really think you are walking out of here."
Bryson just laughed as Janelle put her hand on Quintin's shoulder. "My brother might hate me but if you kill me he will kill her, and he won't care that she is Janelle's sister."
"It's okay." I said standing next to Quintin, "I'm okay, just let him go."
Bryson did not wait for Quintin to decide, he simply left. I turned to my sister. "What is going on, what happened in Germany?"
"I can't give you the details on everything, but he found me again. Sheisty is dead." She paused. "Bryson is right though, I am tired of running, I think it is time for me to go back?"
Quinten snaked an arm around my waist and eyed Janelle suspiciously before asking, "Who is this mysterious he anyways?"
Janelle sighed and said, "My husband."
I did not know who was more shocked, Quintin or I. It had been odd to discover that I had an older sister. Yet to know that my life had been fucked with so much, and by her husband. That was a lot to take in, and I knew there were things she was not telling me. I had an odd feeling she kept things from me to protect me.
"You can't give me any details though can you?" I asked.
She frowned, "No, the less you know the better."
I sighed, "Well I can't do much, but if you ever need anything Janelle you can call me."
She smiled and then to my surprise hugged me. "You really are the best sister ever. I wish things had been different, I wish I had known you all of my life."
I laughed and hugged her back, "Something tells me you are saying goodbye."
"Just for now, if you need me just call." She said squeezing me tightly before letting me go.
She and Quintin shared a look before she left. I turned to Quintin who looked down at me. His fingers traced where Bryson hit me and he said, "You should've let me..."
"It'll go away, besides that's Janelle's battle." I frowned, "I'm sorry, all of this happened because of me."
He shook his head. "No, I can see why you would think that but none of this is your fault. It's not even your sister's fault. Had I not did that job they would have never found you. They were able to use you to get to her because  me."
"No." Janelle shook her head. "He would have gotten to me anyways. This is all my fault." She sighed, "He got to me in Germany without using you, this was just something that he did because he could."
She opened the door and took one last look at us. "You don't have to worry about it any longer though, I'm done running. I will be in contact, and if you need me little sister, call me."
I nodded and hugged her tightly before watching her walk away. I turned back to him and asked, "So what now?"