Chapter 7

"So you really didn't need my help at all did you?" Bryson asked as I finished signing the last of the paperwork for my new car.

I smiled at him. When I arrived at the dealership Bryson had been leaning against a while camera. He wore a white t-shirt, black jeans and black Jordon's. I had not paid too much attention to him while I was teaching him how I got down in dominoes. However him showing up gave me an opportunity to really see him. When he spotted me the walked over. However like he said I really didn't need him to pick out a car. I already knew what I wanted.

After the paperwork was finished and processed Jerry's son in law handed me the keys to my new Charger SRT. We walked out where it was waiting for me.

"My dark knight." I said marveling at my all black car. I had even opted for black rims. Bryson chuckled at me and I asked, "So where did you want to do lunch?"

"I'm down for whatever your in the mood for.."

I thought for a moment before saying, "Sushi it is then."

Jerry's son in law already agreed to drop my rental car off. I got into my car and Bryson agreed to follow me there. I knew there was a great place around the corner from the dealership but I wanted to really see how the bat mobile ran on the interstate. I also wanted to see if Bryson was one of those guys who bought a fast car to say they had one, or if he was going to keep up.

I turned a thirty minute drive into fifteen speeding into a parking space in front of a small shopping center. Bryson pulled into the space next to mine a few moments later and when we both got out of our cars he looked at me impressed.

"I can honestly say," He began, "That you are not like any female I have ever met before."

I smiled, "I'm going to take that as a compliment."

We started towards the restaurant, and I almost didn't see Quentin approaching from the opposite direction. I think he saw me before I noticed him, because his eyes were on Bryson, his jaw clenched. Beside him she stood, and when she noticed me surprise flashed across her face follow by annoyance. I would've kept it moving, but Bryson saw Quentin smiling and gave him the head nod.

"What's up Q?"

Quentin stopped in front of us, and she stood at his side. He looked at me and said, "That's what I'm trying to figure out."

Bryson saw Quentin looking at me and probably figured that me and Quentin didn't know each other. "You remember shorty from Tasha's cookout?"

Quentin started to say something but I interrupted. "We know each other. Let's go eat, I'm starving."

Bryson must have heard something in my voice, and he must have finally felt the tension because he nodded and said slowly, "You're right. I'll get at you later Q."

He started to dap him up but Quentin just looked at his hand and walked away. I was already heading through the door. A woman seated us and took our order for drinks and Bryson looked at me.

"I'm feeling like I'm missing something. How exactly do you know Quentin?" He asked finally.

I sighed, "A few years ago we dated."

I kept it short, I didn't really feel like dwelling in the past. Especially not that past. Bryson took the hint and steered the conversation in another direction. He asked about what I did and I told him about my trips all over the world. He then told me what he did and I put two and two together. Him and Quentin worked together. Besides that incident, the date went pretty well.

"Are you free this weekend?" Bryson asked as he paid for our tab.

I smiled, "Actually yea, well I have a photoshoot early on Saturday. Other than that nothing planned."