Chapter 14

A.N. Surprise!! I'm actually excited about this chapter. For those of you who know me personally, if me introducing Brooke does not strike a memory, this new (or throwback) character will. You might also get a little hip to what this will lead to. Next chapter will be posted on Sunday!!

He did not make love to me that night, instead after he woke up the next day he made me breakfast. We ate in silence before he kissed my forehead and promised to come through later. I spent the day editing pictures and going through emails in only a t-shirt. I had a few from magzines with job offers. It almost made me miss when I had to chase magizines, the days when I waited weeks for responses for whether or not they were going to feature my work in their magzines. Back when I was lucky if they sent me a regection letter.
I then decided to work on paperwork. With this i decided to smoke. I hated doing paperwork. I started at around two p.m, and did not finish until around six. By then my stomach began to growl and there was a knock at my door. I stood, shutting off my macbook pro before going to answer. He stood at my door, a plastic bag with the Moe's logo on it greet me, and I relieved him of the bag turning and walking towards my livingroom. He shut the door as he entered and by time he made it to the living room I was sitting on my couch unwrapping my burritto. I knew the burrito was mine because he always got the bowls.
"Let me just say, I don't know how you knew...but you are the best." I said before biting into the burrito.
He watched as I devoured half of the burrito in a amusement. I sat it down wrapped the other half before looking at him with a raised brow.
"You came here to watch me eat?"
He shook his head, "No, it's just I knew you probably got engulfed in something and didn't eat." He smiled, "You've changed a little, but somethings about you haven't. The things that I missed."
I studied him, we were in this mess because of a mistake he made. Then again he was in this mess because of a mistake he made. I was in it because I loved him. Despite everything I loved him, and I doubted there was anything including divine intervention that could stop me from loving him.
"I will be here every night." He said out of nowhere.
I raised a brow, "I'm not asking you..."
"I know I just want to be here, I don't want to miss out on any more moments with you."
I sighed, "Why don't you just tell her that you don't want to be with her and be finished then? That way you don't have to miss any moments with me." He looked down and that made me wonder. " Unless there is something else that you did not tell me. Matter of fact why are you still with her if you don't want to be?"
There was a long silence and then finally he said, "Do you remember Sheisty?"
I thought back and nodded slowly. I had only met him twice. He was an old friend of Q's. "Yeah the one that was moving to Germany."
He nodded, "A few months after you left, he asked me if I wanted to help him out with something. I did, and it went bad."
I did not know much about Sheisty, but i knew that whatever it was that he needed Quientin's help with wasn't legal.
"How bad?"
"Sheisty left the states to avoid charges. She knows about it. I don't know how but she has proof of it."
My heart sank, she had something on him. Which explained a lot of things. I sighed I did not know what to tell him, or what to do. "So what happens when she finds out about me."
His face grew serious, "Nothing..."
"Don't make promises to me that you can't keep." I warned.
I leaned back into my couch and thought. The only way I saw a way out for him, was to get rid of her. But then there was her husband. I had a feeling he was more involved than Quinten knew. It never crossed my mind to walk away at this point.
"Find out how she got the information." I said after a while.
"Babe..."
I looked at him, "I'm already involved. Find out how much she knows and I will work out the rest."
I already knew who to call. I had her contact information for years but never used it. I stood up and looked at him.
"I will be right back, i have to make a phone call."
He gave me a look but said nothing as i walked away. I went into my room shut the door and then locked it. I went through my drawers until I found an old phone, the phone she has sent me. I powered it on and called the only number saved.
"Hello little sister." She said softly.
I hesitated. She and I had shared a father, one that neither of us had ever met. My mother gave me up for adoption, while hers kept her. I did not know much about her, and she did not know much about me but we both knew that our childhoods were hard.
"Hello Janelle." I said finally. "I need your help with something."
She paused, "Is it something we can discuss over the phone."
"No."
I heard shuffling in the background and then she said, "I was headed back to the states anyways. Meet me at the cities park tomorrow at noon. Also, throw this phone away, I will get you another one."
"Is everything okay?" I asked.
We did not know each other well, but she was still my sister.
"No, but we can discuss how everything went to shit tomorrow. I have to go, and don't forget, throw this phone away."
There were no goodbyes the line just went dead. I sighed and unlocked the door walking to my kitchen. I took the battery and the sim out of the phone and threw it in the trash. I placed the sim and the battery inside of a plastic bag and placed it on the table and walked back into the livingroom. He gave me a questioning look that i ignored. There was nothing that could be done today so there was no point in talking about it.
"You staying the night?" I asked.
He nodded, "i had planned to."
I walked over to him and straddled him. He still looked worried, i intended on changing it.
"Who did you call?" He asked.
"Ask me no questions," I said to him before kissing the side of his neck, "And I will tell you no lies."
I kissed his lips slowly, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. We broke the kiss and i lifted my shirt over my head. I had known I wasn't leaving my place that day, so there was no point in me wearing a bra. He grabbed one my of breast, and nibbled gently on my nipple, before pulling it into his mouth. I gasped as he sucked, his tongue gliding over my nipple slowly. He grabbed my waist and lifted me up so he could stand. His lips found their way back to mine as walked to my bedroom. He laid me in the bed and slid off my underwear. Knealing before me he parted my folds with one hand, his tongue rolling over my clit. I moaned as he sucked and licked until I was begging him for the dick, begging for him to put me out of my misery, to take me over the edge.
He undressed quickly and ordered me to turn around. I did as he said on my hands and knees with my back arched. I felt him throbbing as he positioned himself at my entrance. This wasn't our first rodeo and he knew how I liked it. No easing in, he thrust into me and I clinched the sheets. My walls tighting around his dick. He slapped my ass before he began his pounding thrust. As he fucked me hard, as he went deep into me. I matched each thrust as he gripped my waist with one hand, the other sliding through my hair as he grabbed a fistfull, pulling hard forcing my head up so i couldn't muffle my moans.
"Shit!" I yelled as i came hard.
He groaned as I felt him explode inside of me. He eased out of me slowly as I collapsed on the bed. He laid down beside me pulling me into his arms.
"No more secrets?" I asked.
He nodded, "No more secrets."
"Bryson is still married to her." I whispered, "And i called my sister."
He sat up and looked at me, "What do you mean she is still married."
"That day I stopped by your job, they were in the conference room. I overheard them." I explained rolling onto my side so I could look at him.
He paused for a moment. "I never knew that you had a sister."
"I didn't know either, she contacted me when I was in L.A. We both never met our father, but we did do a blood test that confirmed it." I sighed, "She was the woman Shiesty had with him the two times I met him."
He frowned, "Janelle...what exactly..."
"I will keep you updated on that." I said as I felt my eyes getting heavy. "We can talk about that later, when I have more information for now I just want to sleep."
He kissed my forehead and then pulled me into his arms, "Okay we can talk more tomorrow."