Sleepy Ash ~ What's Best

This was originally gonna be written for Mahiru, but I changed my mind lol.

Also, this is gonna be a loooong(ish) one-shot so enjoy.

~*~

Kuro had never felt pain like this before.

Sure, he'd been stabbed and slashed a few times while protecting Mahiru, but that was physical pain, to which his wounds could heal.

This kind of pain was new.

It was emotional pain, and Kuro didn't know how to deal with that.

After everything he'd been through, anyone would've thought that he did know how to deal with it, but he didn't.

And it hurt more than physical pain.

~*~

"Kuro!"

Once the door slammed shut, Kuro was forced to turn around, looking at his best friend the moment she threw her school bag down onto the floor in anger and flopped onto the couch.

Kuro sighed, even though he cared deeply for (f/n), as it was just what he would do every time the girl was in a mood, or got home from school in a bad mood.

"Where's Mahiru?" He asked, and (f/n) didn't lift her head up off of the couch to answer.

"Out with Sakuya, Ryusei and Koyuki," she replied, her voice muffled by the fabric of the couch and Kuro nodded.

"What happened this time?" He asked, setting the controller of his video game console on the floor after pressing pause.

All of a sudden, (f/n) sat upright on the couch, and Kuro shuffled towards her until he was directly in front of her, resting his arms on her knees and his chin on his arms.

"You're not gonna believe it, Kuro," the girl sighed, resting her elbows on her legs just above Kuro's arms and looking him straight in the eye. "You know (random guy)?"

Kuro should've known this whole problem would've been over (random guy).

For the past three months, (f/n) had been crushing over this guy and Kuro never heard the end of it.

Judging by statements made by Mahiru and all of his friends when they came over, (random guy) sounded like one of those typical fuckboys.

He was the kind who liked to use girls for such things like getting better grades, or just to cure his boredom.

"Yeah, I know (random guy)," Kuro answered, his voice maintaining the same monotonous structure.

"Well, I just found out today that he only settles for the super popular girls so I don't have a chance with him," the girl pouted, and Kuro didn't want to feel sorry for her but he did.

"Is that so?" He said to himself, unable to face the truth.

He often found it so infuriating how (f/n) was never able to see sense.

She was too oblivious to notice that Kuro was there, waiting for her to acknowledge his true feelings for her and - hopefully - return them.