Mahiru Shirota ~ Stressed

This was actually the first Servamp x Reader one-shot idea I came up with but I could never think of a way to start it, so I'm sorry if it's terrible.

~*~

The world was a pretty level place.

Everyone worked together in society to make the world better, and everyone had their limits, and sometimes overstepping those limits could be scary.

Everyone did it: overworked themselves to the brink of exhaustion. But with Mahiru, it was sort of a habit, and not a very good one.

Let's just say (f/n) was not very pleased when she walked into Mahiru's apartment one day to return his Chemistry book and saw her boyfriend passed out at the desk in the corner of the room.

And she was even less pleased when she saw Kuro lounging around on the carpeted rug playing video games and eating potato chips.

"Kuro, what happened here?" She asked, wading through the mess of crumpled papers and crushed energy drink cans over to the vampire, who gave her a half-lidded gaze.

"Mahiru was being such a pain, so I just let him get on with whatever he was doing," he answered monotonously, turning his head back round to continue playing his video game.

"Didn't you at least try to do something about it?" (f/n) asked, placing a hand on her hip, to which Kuro groaned loudly at.

"I can't face this right now, I'm going to sleep," Kuro replied, and (f/n) frowned when she heard the Servamp's snores fill the room alongside Mahiru's.

Sighing to herself, (f/n) shook her head and walked over to Mahiru, kneeling down in front of the desk and poking his arm lightly.

"Mahiru," she whispered. "Mahiru, wake up."

The boy's eyes opened slowly and he reluctantly lifted his head out from his arms, looking at (f/n) with a tired and confused expression.

"(f/n)?" He asked, puzzled as to why his girlfriend was at his house when she should be at her own.

"Hey," she greeted sweetly, standing upright and walking into the kitchen. "I'm guessing you haven't had dinner yet, judging by the mess on the floor and Kuro's lack of cooking skills. You hungry?"

Just as the girl said that, Mahiru's stomach grumbled and he stood up to walk into the kitchen, but (f/n) had other plans for her boyfriend.

"Mahiru, sit down, I'm making you dinner," she ordered sternly, and Mahiru sighed before walking over to the couch and sitting down.

He noticed Kuro laying on the floor and nudged his foot with this, to which the vampire grunted at. Mahiru smiled slightly.

About ten minutes later, (f/n) re-entered the living room to Mahiru's apartment with a bowl of ramen for Mahiru and he chowed it down like there was no tomorrow.

"Why do you keep doing this to yourself, Mahiru?" She asked, and Mahiru didn't answer, so she kept going. "Why do you always overwork yourself like this? Even to the point of you passing out! It's not healthy to let everything weigh down on your shoulders and you know that."

"I do, but..." Mahiru let out a long sigh before continuing. "It's just easier if I do everything. That way there's no arguments and it just makes life easier for everybody else."

"But what about you? This isn't making life anymore easier for you, now, is it?" (f/n) asked, resting one of her arms on the back of the couch she and Mahiru were sitting on.

"I'm not important-"

"Yes you are! You just don't have the time to appreciate yourself because you're always overdoing your limit like this!" (f/n) argued, and Mahiru looked over at her a little sadly. "Please, let me help you, ok?"

The girl rested her hand on-top of his, giving him a sweet smile before he nodded, and (f/n) leaned over to kiss his lips gently.

"Good."

~*~

I'm actually so proud that I actually managed to write this one, finally. The Kuro angst was another one I couldn't write but that didn't go too well anyway so whoops.