Lost In His Eyes

Recap:

"I think my ears are lying to me. First, you laugh, and then you call me Jonouchi?'' Jou stared into Seto's eyes. They weren't as cold as ice this time. Seto slightly chuckled. "You like this side of me, mutt?'' Jou immediately stopped staring and glared at him.

"Could you stop with the dog jokes?'' Jou asked, pouting. Seto ruffled his blonde hair.

"No. They suit you.'' Seto smirked. Jou looked at Seto's hand.

"If you think so.'' Jou mumbled, shyly looking away. Seto stopped ruffling Jou's hair. He trailed his finger down Jou's forehead, brushing the hair from Jou's face. Their eyes met, sapphire ones staring into amber ones.

But then, Jou's stomach growled. Which only caused Seto to burst into another unstoppable laughter.

3rd P.O.V

In a few days, Seto regained his usual cold attitude. Jou sometimes tried to talk to him, but he was always rudely rejected.

"You know, you can drop the cold act, there's noone here." Jou angrily snapped after another failed attempt to talk to Seto.

"Well, good to know that you consider yourself a nobody, mutt." Seto smirked.

"I meant nobody besides me you stupid asshole!" Jou yelled and tried not to punch the CEO. "Anyway, it's not like I'll tell anybody." He added after a moment.

"Well it's not like we are close to escaping this stupid island." Seto replied, looking to the sky. He tried to think of some ways to escape, but everytime he tried to think, the blonde popped up in his head.

Jou thought for a moment. "I think we should go back to where we landed. We could find some clues there." Seto looked at him. Jou stepped back. "Is it stupid?" he carefuly asked.

"No it's not stupid. You finally said something intelligent for once." Seto said, trying to remember which way they came from. Jou cringed at the insult.

"Well, I'll take that as a compliment." He looked around. "I think we came this way." He started walking toward the direction he talked about. Seto just quietly followed him.

10 mins later

There was a silence between them as they stood in a middle of nowhere.

"Great, now we're lost." Seto said calmly. Jou gritted his teeth. He was sure that Seto blamed him for it. "Sorry." He mumbled and looked to the side. Seto was silent.

"Maybe we should go back...?" Jou suggested. Seto pierced him with his glare.
"That's not a good idea. We could get more lost than we are now." Seto stated, thinking about something.
"Well, you should think too with that brain of yours!" Jou could't help it. He just needed to take out his anger on someone. Unluckily, Seto was the only one around.
"Stop barking, I'm thinking." Seto replied, still deep in his thoughts.
"I'm-not-a-dog!" Jou cracked his knuckles. Seto didn't even glance at him. "Listen you asshole, stop calling me a dog or-EEEP!" Jou suddenly jumped up and squealed. He was so busy arguing with Seto that he didn't notice a viper climbing up his leg. It's teeth were now stuck in Jou's arm.

Seto reacted quickly. He ripped the viper off Jou's arm and threw it somewhere. Jou started to lose his balance. His head was spinning, his limbs going numb. Seto caught him and looked up his arm. It was starting to swell. Seto only thought about one thing – saving Jou. Jou yelped as he felt Seto sucking out the poison. Jou stared at him in awe and held on him tightly. Seto stopped and spat out the poison. Then he ripped off his left sleeve and wrapped it around Jou's arm.
"Be careful next time." Seto looked Jou in the eyes. Jou saw a flash of concern again. But then they were icy and sharp as usual. Jou thought that it was just his imagination because of the numbness.
"T-thanks." Jou murmured. Seto was still holding him that he wouldn't fall. He set him down to a nearest tree. Jou looked around and noticed that they were close to a shallow lake. He carefully stood up, tripping and causing Seto to quickly grab him that he wouldn't fall. Jou gently pushed him of himself and slowly walked to the lake. He curiously looked at the lake. It was crystal clear but the bottom of it was blue. It reminded Jou of Seto's sapphire orbs. He wanted to go even closer but he tripped again and fell into the lake.

Seto was worried at first, but then he chuckled and kneeled down. Jou grabbed the opportunity as well as Seto's shirt and pulled him down. Which meant, that he fell right on top of him.

Joey was panting and laughing a bit. Drops from Seto's hair were falling on his face. His hair in the water floated slowly. Seto brushed the hair off his forehead. He stared into his amber eyes.
"Kaiba...?" Joey whispered. He stared back at Seto. He was shocked by the gentleness in Seto's now soft eyes. Seto heeled down, holding Joey's chin. Joey felt his hot breath. Their lips brushed against each others's and then-

So anyway, this story has reached 100 reads!! I know it's not much, but I really appreciate it! Thank you very much, you're such great readers!

About that cliffhanger....personally, I HATE when the writers leave a cliffhanger, but this one just HAD to be made! I'm sorry pals! :/ :D

I had some help with this chapter, so give some thank-yous to: Tessí (TeskaLis) and Spells (light-of-hope100 - only on DA: http://light-of-hope100.deviantart.com/ )

I also started to write a one-shot, where Jou's a girl (idk why...it just struck me that he should be a girl in this story...). I have it halfway done, but I don't know if it isn't too stupid to be published. It's just another story where they get a project together. I know, so old, but it fit. So it's basically an old crappy story with some sugar and hot chilly peppers at the top. Would you like to read a story like that?? :) Leave a comment! ;)