Chapter Fourteen~

Zane's POV.

It had been a few weeks since then, Travis was taking Rose to school and I was at home with Devon. What can I say? He's a cryer. He's been crying ever since Travis left which was about twenty minutes ago, and he wasn't going to be back for a couple of hours since he was chaperone for a school field trip for Rose. He insisted on being the one to go, maybe so he could bond with Rose a little more.

So that left me with Devon. I'm not complaining but the crying was starting to give me a headache. I've tried almost everything, yet nothing worked. So here I was, standing in front of his crib, rocking the small bed back and forth trying to calm him down.

"Shh, come on, Devon. It's time for a nap.." I said softly as I continued to rock the crib. I was actually started to get worried that something was wrong from him constantly squalling his head off.

But finally my prayers to Irene were answer and he fell asleep. His face was wet and red from the tears. I sighed and closed my eye, just standing there, enjoying the moment of silence I had.

I put a small blanket over him before turning to walk out of the door, but something stood in my way, something, or someone that terrified me in more ways than you could imagine..

Travis' POV.
((Muahaha))

I whistled softly as the other parents and I followed after the loud group of 3rd graders. I kept my eyes on Rose most of the time to make sure she didn't wander off or anything.

They had decided to take her class to a science museum for one of their projects.

((We have a Life and Science Museum where I live and it's Life))

They stopped to look at one of the exhibits and that's when one of the other parents walked up to me. "Hey there!" She said, smiling at me. "Hi." I replied. "So which one is yours?" She asked. I pointed at Rose who seemed completely intrigued by the thing they were talking about. "Aw, she's so adorable, my son was out sick today but my husband thought I should still go." She said. I nodded and smiled a bit.

"So, is your wife at work or something?" She asked. "No, I don't have a wife." I said. "Oh, so you're a single parent?" She asked again. "Nope, I'm married, I have a husband." I said. "A... Husband?" She asked. "Yup." I said, popping the p. The woman said nothing more before walking away.

I rolled my eyes and saw that the group was moving again so I followed. Before I knew it I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned my head to see another woman there.

"Hey! I couldn't help but overhear.. But you have a husband?" She asked. "Yeah, I do." I replied. "Nice! I have a girlfriend and we're both raising that little muffin over there." She said, pointing to a little boy in the crowd. "I'm Teony." She said, holding out her hand. "Travis, it's nice to meet you." I said, shaking it.

"It's not everyday you see same sex parents about, it's good to finally meet another one, where's your husband?" Teony asked. "Ah, He stayed home, we have a baby son so one of us had to stay home with him." I explained. "Aww, babies are so cute! Well it was really nice meeting you! I would love to meet the rest of your family, but for now let's go catch up to the group!" She smiled before walking off.

I smiled to myself and followed.