WILL YOU? Part two

"Luke, can you say, momma?" I hear my mom ask as I walk through the door, in a baby voice.

"No, Luke, say dadda!" My dad yells.

Serious? This again?

They've been trying to get Lucas to say his first word for weeks now, each time though he starts crying.

Cue his crying in..

3...

2...

"Waa!" Lucas cries out. Oh, he was early this time.

"I told you guys to stop pressuring him," I laugh. "He clearly doesn't like it."

"All the books I've read said he should start talking around 6 months. He's 9, why doesn't he want to talk?" My mom asks. I pick Lucas up from his high chair and set him on my hip. He stops crying and starts to suck on his fist.

"Hun, there's nothing to worry about," my dad ties to console her. My mothers eyes light up when she sees the dress in my hands.

"You got your dress!" She gasps, forgetting about Lucas and her distraught over him not talking. She takes the dress from my other hand and holds it up in front of me.

"Yeah, now I just need my boyfriend to ask me," I grumble and my mother laughs.

"Well, I have a feeling it's going to happen soon," my mom smiles at me before taking Lucas off my hip.

"You said that last week, too."

"Yeah well, now the feeling is stronger so it must be happening sooner."

"Okay, I'm going to go put my dress away," I sigh and start to walk to my room.

"Oh, Bex! We promised Luke that we'd go to the park, you want to go?" I stop walking to hear what she's saying, even though she knows I don't like social interaction, especially at the park.

"No, I have a packet for Home Eco to work on," I tell her, my hand resting on the handle of my door.

"Okay, we'll be back in probably half an hour," my mom tells me and I hear her and my dad walk out the door. I rest my head against the door frame and take a deep breath.

I open my door, still not opening my eyes, and turn on my lights. When my lights turn back off, I open my eyes, confused. Then I see something that is utterly amazing, but adds to my pile of confused.

There, in the middle of my room, stands Darth Vader.

Oh what a world this is. Never, ever, did I ever think I'd come home to see Darth Vader standing in the middle of my room, holding a light saber, and breathing loudly.

It's funny that the only thing in my stressed and confused mind is how hot the poor person in there must be. It's ninety degrees out and our AC has been going out all week.

The breathing coming from the suit intensifies, and the toy light saber lights up. The figure presses something on my dresser and the Star Wars theme song starts.

"Bexley Well, the galaxy needs you. The resistance is coming, the only way to save to galaxy, is to destroy resistance and go to prom with Skylar Stone," the Darth Vader suit speaks, in a familiar voice, a voice I'd know anywhere.

"You're such a nerd you know that?" I laugh. Skylar takes the mask off laughing, before turning the light saber off and walking towards me. I take in all the sticky stars that are set up all around my room, giving my the slight affect of the galaxy. I toss my dress onto my bed and set my hands on my hips.

"I don't think that was an answer," he tells me. "But, I will take that as a compliment, Lee."

"You never asked me, Darth Vader told me to, but Skylar Stone never asked," I smile.

"I made a sign too," he steps aside to show me the canvas with the Star Wars opening credits on them, but with a different saying.

"I guess I can ask again, Bexley Wells, my love, will you-"

"Yes, weirdo. You seriously didn't have to ask, I was going to say yes anyways, no matter how much of a turkey you are," I smile. He laughs and runs his gloved fingers through his hair that has a major case of hat head, but he can somehow pull it off, even with his curls sticking out everywhere.

"Sorry I didn't ask sooner, the stupid UPS company was delayed on the shipment for the suit," he apologizes.

"It's fine, it was well worth the wait," I laugh.

"By the way, you're dress is really pretty," he says, looking over at my bed where I deposited my dress.

~*~

"Oh my gosh," I gasp, seeing what's in front of me. I make a noise that is somewhere in between dinosaur and dying cat as my eyes drift over the words. I scroll down, hoping that it would say what I wanted it to say.

'Acceptance letters are going out this week' it reads. I make another noise that isn't human, and run out of my room, laptop in my hands. I try my best not to trip over my long pajama pant legs as I'm running, resulting in some not to graceful steps.

My parents are sitting at the table, enjoying the peace before Lucas wakes up. I race over to them and show them the update of Yale's website.

"They're sending out the letters this week," I say. "THIS WEEK!"

"Oh my gosh!" My mom cheers before enveloping me in a hug, my father then does the same.

"Has the mailman been yet?"

"He doesn't come until around four. Oh my gosh, what if I didn't get in?" I ask, the realization that I could not get in hits me like a double-Decker bus.

"Bex, you got in, they'd be a fool not to steal you from the other colleges," my mom tell me, even though she knows there's a possibility of my not getting in.

But that doesn't matter right now, all that matters right now is the possibility of getting in.