s e v e n

"I need to talk to the two of you."

Their mom said, shaking her head at the two girls in front of her.

"Uh, mom what's wrong?" Lisa asked nervously, glancing at Lauren before turning her head back to her mom again.

"Where did I go wrong. That's the question," Lynne— their mom, said, walking toward the coach and sitting down. Lauren did the same, sitting down next to her mom, while Lisa closed the door and sat down across the two of them.

"M-Mom," Lisa says, "We don't understand what you're talking about." Lynne stood up and head to the kitchen, holding a newspaper once she was in sight again, and held it out for Lisa to take. Lisa confusedly took it from her mom's hand, turning the pages and her eyes widening once she saw an article.

The two members of the known girl band Cimorelli— Lauren and Lisa Cimorelli, spotted kissing in an unknown street by a paparazzi at midnight. Does this prove that the two of them are dating secretly? Aren't they related to each other?

And under it has a picture of Lauren and Lisa kissing, another picture where the two of them are holding hands, and the other one where they are both just smiling at each other and looking into each other's eyes.

"The fuck?!" Lisa exclaimed, throwing the newspaper.

"Lisa!" Their mom scolded, but Lauren still has no idea on what's going on.

"Is that true-"

"What's true?" Lauren asked.

"That you and Lisa- are d-dating," Lynne can't even say the word without stuttering because of how disgusting that sounds.

"What?" Lauren asked, her eyes widening.

"Is it true?!" Lynne shouted.

"Mom-"

"Just fucking answer me! Is it true?!" Lynne shouted once again. Lynne never really cursed in front of her children, so this proves how mad she really is right now. The head of the two girls hung low, not knowing what to say or what to answer at that moment.

"It's-it's true, mom," Lisa answered afterwards, scared of what could happen next. "And we're not going to break up at any time now." Lauren was now full in crying; not ready for what their mom could do. Lisa stood up, attempting to sit down beside Lauren and comfort her despite the incident in the car earlier, but before she could, her mom said something that stopped her from moving any further.

"Break up or you'll not see each other ever anymore."

"But mom-"

"Break up or I won't let Lauren apply to that university she always wanted to study to. That simple."

Lisa scoffed, "Are you really that selfish?! Why?! You're ashamed of us?! Because we'll have a bad reputation?! Are you really that selfish?! That's her dream, mom! Let her be!"

"I've made my mind, Lisa Michelle. Break up or bye bye dream." Lynne smirked before heading upstairs and you could practically hear the door shut and the house shake.

"Lauren-"

"You won't do that, right?" Lauren asked, hope in her eyes. "I don't care anymore. I want to be with you, I choose you."