n i n e

Seven years had passed....

Lauren woke up, still exhausted from what seemed a very magical night they had- her and her husband. She tilted her head slightly to look at the clock, sighing when she kind of woke up earlier. She tried falling back to sleep again, turning left; turning right. She kept changing positions in their king sized bed, and when she realized she can't sleep anymore, she just decided to kick the sheets off of her body and raced down their stairs to be met by the sweet smell of pancakes and eggs.

"Good morning baby," Parker said from the kitchen once his wife was insight. He was sitting on his usual place in the table, chewing some pancakes.

"G'morning," the brown haired girl smiled, watching (well, staring) him eat his food.

"What's wrong?" He chuckled, realizing that the brunette or now he calls wife is staring at him intently and starting to grow nervous.

"Nothing," Lauren giggled, "Where's Lucas?" She asked, looking around but she saw no one.

Lucas- four years old, Lauren and Parker's child.

"Oh, he's upstairs. He's actually waiting for you to come to his room," he chuckled softly before reaching out to get a bottle of water.

"Really? I guess I need to go up then?" Lauren said, and he just nodded since he's drinking water and can't speak at the moment.

Lauren walked back to the stairs, sprinting upstairs and stopping just right in front of her son's door when she heard someone singing, obviously it's her Lucas.

She smiled to herself and thought back to the times where her and her sisters used to cover songs they liked. They would laugh, make fun of each other, joke, and mess up. She wished it was like that again.

But her thoughts remembered the reason they stopped covering. A member went missing without even telling anyone in the family. She sighed when a tear fell down her cheek without even realizing it.

Lisa Cimorelli, her sister, her best friend, her girlfriend. But this time, everything had changed. We need to add something to that.

Ex

Ex-best friend, ex-girlfriend, well, you can't change the fact that their sisters but they haven't seen each other for almost 8 years already. She sighed again, but this time knocking at the door in front of her.

"Come in," the little kid shouted in a high voice. Lauren opened the door, smiling softly when she saw Lucas already looking at her, smiling as well.

"What are you singing, baby?" I asked him, sitting down on his bed beside him.

"It's your song mommy!" He squealed, wanting so bad to show his mom the song he'd been practicing.

"My song? Really?" Lauren asked, rubbing circles on his back.

"Yes! It's now my favorite song!" He said, standing up on his bed and jumping up and down. Lauren giggled at her child's cuteness and naughtyness.

"Hey be careful, I don't want to see anyone I love at the hospital right now," I scolded.

"Mommy, I want to see it to you!" He said, getting his mom's hand and started singing. Lauren recognized it to be "acid rain", a song she made for this guy who broke her heart.

That time, she was crying so hard and she needed someone to talk to, so she decided to pay her sisters a surprise visit, and once she reached their house, the only person there was Lisa. They talked about it, and Lisa really was there to comfort her. She didn't leave Lauren's side until they were awoken the next day. They watched movies and ate snacks, Lisa did everything to make Lauren smile again, to see Lauren's smile again that night. But what they didn't know is that that night, that was the time they started growing feelings for each other. The night that changed everything.