t h r e e

I was pacing around my room, not knowing what to wear. I really want to impress my older sister aka my girlfriend, even if she told me to just wear casual clothes. Of course I wouldn't want her to look at me any less than she does.

A knock was heard from the other side of my room, making me jump. I walked towards the door, having a hard time opening it due to my hands shaking. I opened it, my younger sister in front of me.

"You okay?" She asks entering my room. "I keep hearing constantly walking from your room. What's wrong? Shouldn't you be happy since it's your birthday today?" She asks, sitting down on my bed.

"I'm fine. Just.. Just really nervous," I decided to not lie anymore knowing she wouldn't let it slip anyway. She'll keep asking me until I give up.

"Why should you be nervous? Is there something important I'm missing?" She asks looking me right in the eye.

"I- I'm going out on a date," I said, barely audible but I guess she still heard it.

"Date?" She smirks.

"Who's the lucky guy? I want to meet him and check if he has good intentions," she smirks.

"I'm pretty sure you've already met... him," I won't lie, saying "him" made it really hard.

"Oh my gosh! Is it David?" She asks, you can totally see the interest in her eyes and voice definitely.

"No," I laughed, not knowing what to say at the same time scared of her reaction if ever I tell her the truth.

"Brent? Ryan? Kallen? Kevin? Christian?" She asks but I just keep on shaking my head. "Oh c'mon, Lauren it's just me," she laughs.

"I can't tell you just yet," I sighed.

"Why?" She says, frowning. "Is he ashamed of you? If he's acting like that then let me beat him up for you."

"No Dan. It's not a he." You could totally hear the embarrassment in my voice.

Her eyes widened. "What?" She asks, putting in her finger in her ear. "I heard the wrong thing, didn't I?"

"See. That's why I don't want to tell you. Instead of him being ashamed of me, it's gonna be you who's ashamed of me. So it's better to just keep it as a secret but you wouldn't stop." I said, shaking my head.

"I'm not ashamed of you, Laur. In fact, I'm happy you admitted it to me. Your gay self is definitely showing earlier," she laughed, "I'm just waiting for you to say it."

"What?! What do you mean?!" I shouted, and she just laughed harder.

"You were so in love with Melanie Martinez and remember the time I showed you the picture of this girl named Ally? Yup, your gay ass is so obvious." My cheeks burnt. More than red when compared to a tomato. Trust me.

"Now. Who's the lucky girl?" She asks.

"If you knew I was gay then why do you keep suggesting guy names earlier?" I asked, clearly trying to avoid her question and by the looks of it I'm probably succeeding.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm just being delusional but now it's confirmed," she laughs.

"Don't tell mom and dad?" I asked dreadfully. She sighs.

"I won't. For now. But you should, someday." She says.

"I know. I know. I'm just looking for the right time."

"Yeah right. But whatever happens Laur, always remember I support you. I would never be ashamed of you." She says before standing up and going out of my room.

I looked at the clock to see it's already 6:44pm. In just an hour, my beautiful girlfriend will be coming here to pick me up.

"Dan! Come back here!" I shouted. Not after a second, she came back, out of breath.

"I was waiting for you to call me you know?" I laughed. Definitely a sister.

"How'd you know?"

"It's obvious you can't decide on what to wear, Lauren. It's on your face." She says sprinting off to my closet and opening it.

"It's also obvious that you don't want to tell me who the lucky girl is," she says not looking at me, "I'm starting to think you're secretly dating Lisa," she says jokingly but in me, it made my heart jump out of my chest. Shit. She can't know. Well not right now.

I scoffed, "Lisa? Ew," I laughed making a disgusted sound. "And she's probably straight as a pole. She never even talked about girls if you noticed. And she's been hanging out with this guy named Hudson lately." It's true though. She's been hanging out 24/7 with this guy named Hudson lately. I'm not worried though 'cause I know Hudson is gay as well. Maybe they're just really close because they agree with each other?

"Oh come on, we both know Hudson's gay," she says, hanging out the hanger with the clothes she'd picked. "and why are you so defensive?"

"I'm not. It's just disgusting to date your sister. Like seriously? Who does that," I laughed nervously. It did hurt hearing myself say those words.

"I'm just joking Lauren. Chill," she giggles. "Here. Wear those." She says, throwing me the clothes shed picked from my closet. "Oh and, wear the flannel. But you can tie it on your waist when you guys already called it a night. That would turn her on," she winked before heading out of my room. They really love making my cheeks burn, don't they?

I checked the clothes she'd thrown to me and saw a plain black tank top with ripped jeans and a flannel.

I smirked, that would definitely turn Lisa on.

I put them on and head downstairs, plopping down our couch and opening my phone to Instagram.

Just a bunch of fans and other people greeting me. I stumbled upon a tweet I'm mentioned on and realized the tweet was made by David. Can't count how many times I've heard of his name today.

@DavidTyson: Heyy. Do you remember me? Your childhood friend, Dad. Happy Birthday Lolo! Hope you had a great day ;)

I clicked on his account and pressed the follow button to see he had followed me back already.

@LaurenCimorelli: thank you!!! And yeah of course I remember you m8. Hope to see you again soon!

I looked at the time to see it's already 8:14pm and yet Lisa has not come. She's usually early to come at times like this.

I went to my contacts and found her number, dialing it. After a few rings it just went straight to voicemail. Okay, I'm literally starting to worry. Where is she?

But just as that thought came to mind, the front door opened, a Lisa with ruffled dress came in.

"What happened to you?" I asked worriedly.

"N-nothing. I'm fine." She smiled at me but I saw something in her eyes. Guilt. It's as if she's trying to hide something.

"I missed you." I said to her. She smiled.

"Let's go?" She asked me. But before we go out of the house, I pulled her in a hug, nuzzling my head onto her neck. While I was still hugging her with my face in her neck, I noticed something. Something so simple and small yet it managed to break my heart and made me tear up.

A hickey.