Daddy's Girl

When you burst through the front door Stiles glanced nervously at you, Lydia wasn't home yet and she was a lot better at picking out what was wrong with you. Eventually he came up with an excuse to get into your room, not wanting to be the Dad that always invades your space.

"Hey Alli, you got the red string up here I need to borrow it." He tapped gently on the door and waited for you to respond.

"Yes Dad it's on my desk." Your mumble was muffled as you buried your face into your pillow. Stiles hurried in and grabbed the string from your desk, you sat up as he turned around and he caught sight of your tear stained face.

"Hey, Alli... hey princess come here what's wrong?" He asked as he crossed the room and pulled you into a hug. You buried your head in you fathers shoulder and whimpered quietly, he hated moments like this, when all he could do to help was wait for you to stop crying.

"I... Like someone." You whisper. He frowned and tucked you under his chin as he stroked circles into your back.

"Well did they upset you?" Stiles immediately seemed to square his shoulders and become overly protective.

"No, he doesn't even notice me and I sit next to him every day." You looked up at your father and he couldn't help but smile as he rubbed the tears from your cheeks.

Your hair was a little duller that your mothers but it was still vibrant enough for people to pick you out as Lydia's daughter, you had Stiles' nose and brown eyes with flecks of Lydia's brownie green. He often looked at you and thought that you'd inherited their best features, other times he saw himself in you mostly in the moments that you tripped over your own feet.

"You know your mother didn't notice me for a long time." Stiles muttered as he sat on your bed next to you.

"How did you get her to marry you?" You asked him quickly. He chuckled and looked down at his hands.

"Well... I was there when she needed me, I payed attention to the things that mattered to her and well I make cute kids." He grinned when you pretended to retch and flopped your head on his shoulder.

"So if I do that will he like me?" you asked quietly.

"He might, Allison listen to me... just because you love him now doesn't mean you'll always feel that way." Stiles hadn't noticed Lydia stood in the doorway, smiling as she watched the two of you.

"But you always felt this way about Mom." You whisper sadly. He gripped your hand and lent it on his knee as you looked up at him.

"Alli you're fourteen, it's your first year of high school just because I was in love with your Mom at that age doesn't mean this boy is who you'll end up with." He muttered.

"But what if he is?" You whisper sadly. He kissed your forehead and stood up, only then noticing Lydia's loving gaze.

"Then be there when he needs you and he'll realise how important you are." Lydia's eyes watered as he smiled and fixed his eyes on her while grabbing the string he'd came in for and wondered over to her.

"Thanks Dad." You mumbled as you hurried over to hug your mother and skipped back into your room, shutting the door behind you.

"I told you your good at those talks." Lydia muttered as she let Stiles place a gentle kiss on her lips.