Blood Hands

Tap... tap... tap.... tap...

Quiet... it's too quiet. The silence is... it's loud. Numbed. Slight ringing in my ears....

Tap... tap... tap...

What is that noise? I'm... I...

Tap... tap tap... tap...

Where am I?

Tap.... tap... tap...

What happened?

Tap... tap...

Who am I?

Tap.. tap..

Why can't I remember?

My eyes flutter open. I don't recognize this place. That annoying tapping noise was... blood. Dripping of almost every surface in the room. Bodies are scattered in the room, six in total, wearing lab coats that are barely in one piece anymore. These people were ripped apart. Clawed and bitten to shreds. I look around the room, seeing counters with various chemicals and instruments for Maker knows what. (If you get that reference, I LOVE YOU!!)

I stood up, leaning lightly against the metal table in the middle of the room. Gears slowly turned in my head. I'm in a laboratory. But WHY? I looked down, inspecting myself. No injuries worth worrying about. A scratch or two, and a bruise here and there. My clothes bloodstained but intact. I was wearing a (f/c) hoody, black jeans and Converse.

My hands were also covered in blood, and i had... Claws?! Okay, I might not remember anything, but I'm relatively sure those are new. Wait... claws... no injuries... dead bodies...

Did I do this?"

I spotted a mirror, and went to get a closer look at myself.

I have (h/l) (h/c) hair, which was now a bit disheveled. I also have pale, almost grey skin, like a corpse. I opened my mouth, studying the sharp, bloodstained fangs which, I have to admit, are pretty badass. But my most terrifying facial feature was my eyes...

They weren't there.

Slowly backing away from the mirror, wide-eyed (Oh, you know what I mean..) and a little shocked.

What the fuck happened to me?

Then it clicked...

Scientists... ripped apart... obviously the one who did this was angry, or wanted revenge.

The evidence shows no other logical explanation:

These scientists did something to me, and I obviously freaked out and slaughtered them.

Why am I so calm now? I'm sure any normal person would be huddled in a corner, crying and curled into a little, pitiful ball.

To be honest, I'm just somewhat surprised that I did this on my own.

But, somehow, looking at these bodies, the blood and guts... it makes me feel... hungry...

Am I a cannibal?

No, cannibals eat their own kind. OBVIOUSLY I'm not human anymore.

I'm a Monster.

I the distance, I could hear police sirens. HOW THE HELL DID THEY KNOW?

Maybe someone got away...

I have to get away, FAR AWAY.

I'm a teenaged monster... thing with blood on her hands.

I can't let them find me. I can't let them see me. They can't see the monster I've become...

Eyes quickly darting around the room, I saw a confidential file. Might be important

"Swipe! Okay, time to fuck off" I said to know one.

And, I'm gone.

Sprinting through dark, winding corridors with my hood down, I quickly found the exit.

Bad idea.

As I opened the large double doors, I'm met with at least ten police officers, guns out and surrounding me in a rough semicircle.

"Freeze! Put your hands where we can see them!" One officer yelled, obviously a male.

Time to see if I can act.

I started shaking and crying, basically, looking like a sweet little girl who barely escaped a killer. Hopefully, the blood on my clothes looked like my own.

Still not showing my face, I yelled to the officers: "Please! You gotta help them! I barely got out! He's still in there!"

I cheered in my head, when they lowered their weapons and started coming closer to me, wanting to help me, comfort me. As soon as the first officer put his hand on my shoulder, I looked up at him, and let the animal inside loose.

In barely no time at all, I was surrounded by the dead bodies of police officers.

I have no idea how I even moved so fast.

Smirking, I walked up to the nearest corpse and, using my claws, sliced open his chest and ripped his heart out.

I inhaled the sweet smell of blood and devoured the organ.

I could get used to this.