Chapter 1

You're always on my mind
When you come around, I get shy
When I see you, when I see you
Never know when you might walk by
So I gotta be right on time
When I see you, when I see you
Fantasia -When I see you

Fa'Syrahs POV

I walked down the block with my girls, it was hot and the summer was about to take off heavy. We were all bad and it was hard not to get noticed. I had pretty dark skin, hazel eyes, a shape like Beyonce' and being a dancer for the State Prancerettes didn't make it any easier. They had the most lit band and the flyest dancers. I turned the corner on Fax Street and saw this fine brown skin dude standing there with his crew. My girl Nisha tapped my shoulder, "Girl that's him standing over there with his no good ass friend," She was talking about his friend Devin.

Nisha was my girl so I knew all about her problems she had with Devin, I hoped this guy wasn't anything like him. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. I mean he was perfect, he didn't say much though, so I didn't ask his name. He just smiled and listened to everybody else talk. Normally I would have asked any nigga "fuck they problem was," and why they wasn't talking but my woman's intuition let me know something was different about this boy.

We stood there for a minute and things were going smooth until Nisha started basing on Devin for texting some bitch, he was always fucking up.

"Why you always fucking up? Why can't you just be a good fucking boyfriend? And I hope somebody else drove because i'm not getting in the car with his stupid ass," the guys chuckled as Dev just shook his head. Me and the other girls laughed to.

"I drove, sis."
The guy spoke up, and I froze. He voice was sexy as hell.  I mean he just had it like that.
"Thank you, Q." Nisha said turning back to us after going off on Devin.

"Fa'Syrah, this is Quentin, Malik, and KeShon." Nisha said giving us a small introduction. I finally spoke up, after swallowing the big lump in my throat. "Well, I'm Fa'Syrah," I couldn't help but smile, I stuck out my hand so he could shake it, "Nice to meet you Quentin."
Me and Nisha got in the car with him and Malik, his car was nice, I thought. It was a Honda Accord, I didn't know the model but it was nice. The ride to the mall was quick. Nisha grabbed Devin and made him go in all these stores, I just followed behind her on my phone, with Q and the other guys behind me. Every now and then I glanced back and he was smiling at me, I took my chance.

"Hey you wanna walk around before we have to go back?" He looked like he was shocked but he accepted. I sat my bags with Nisha and she ooo'd and ahh'd and smiled at us as we walked away.

The first few steps were quiet then he spoke first, "So how you like it up here at State?" I hadn't heard him say much since we had been here. He just smiled and giggled.

"Well it's lit, but we never have a lot of time since the dance shit and all."

"Oh I feel you, so that shit hard?"

" I mean you just have to really be in shape."

I couldn't believe we were having a full blown convo right now.

"Hey, you wanna Cinnabon? I love these things we can share one." He asked looking down at me.
"Yes, I love them too."

"Cool Ima order us one and you find us a seat."

I walked away and took my ass to look for a seat. Here he came walking toward me with 2 forks and a Cinnabon.
We both went to town.
"Is it good?" He asked me, smiling at how fast I was eating my share.