Chapter 29.

Rahul

I keep having to pinch myself! I can't believe that after almost seven months I have married the love of my life. 
"Stop staring at me," Leyla clicks her fingers in front of my face snapping me out of my trance. 
"You just look so beautiful," I smile and lace my fingers with hers. 
"You don't look that bad either Rahul Khanna," Leyla says squeezing my fingers.

"Why thank you Leyla Khanna," I kiss her forehead. Ever since I was young I was convinced that I'd grow up, move to university, train to become a doctor and marry when I'm in my late twenties early thirties. I'm glad my parents gave me that ultimatum else I would have never really 'met' Leyla and I probably would have always felt like I was missing a vital part of me. I know she feels the same because when she looks at me her eyes genuinely light up.
"Maybe I should go and rescue Jaya from your parents," Leyla laughs pointing to my mum who is showing Jaya off like she is a prize. I laugh too, not wanting to let go of Leyla's hand but knowing I have to. As Leyla wanders off into the midst of wedding guests I decide to go to the bar and grab a drink of lemonade. I order and wait for the glass to be filled. From the corner of my eye I can see Ajay shouting at Leyla's uncle and waving his hands around. Ajay is about to walk off when his father grabs his arm and slams him against the wall getting into his face. I decide to keep away from the drama today but I always though Ajay and his dad were tight... Well that's what Leyla told me? Whatever Ajay has been told he doesn't like it because he spits at his father before storming off. Leyla's uncle wipes his face and scowls after his son. Now I have done some awful things to my dad in the past but I've never spat at him! I decide to go over and check that everything's okay but someone get's there before me. Someone with greasy blonde hair tied back in a ponytail wearing what looks like a brand new suit. He has his back to me so I have no idea who it is, but I don't think he was on the guest list... And by the looks on Leyla's uncle's face it seems he wasn't expecting to see him either. I down my lemonade before scanning the crowd for Leyla. Maybe it's one of her delinquent family member's she didn't like to talk about. I know she has a strained relationship with her dad's family, the only one who looks out for her is Ajay's dad, so maybe it's one of them?
"Leyla," I call when I spot her. She walks over to me Jaya in her arms asleep on her shoulder despite the ruckus around us, the banging music and loud chatting.
"Haan," she says when she reaches me giving me a kiss. It feels weird being able to kiss in 'public' now we are married.
"Who's your uncle talking too?" I ask nodding my head in the direction of the tension. Leyla looks over before the smile on her face begins to fade despite her efforts to maintain it.
"Dunno," Leyla shrugs handing Jaya over to me, "I'll go ask." She takes a deep breathe before making her way over to her uncle. The guy he was talking to has disappeared so I scan the crowd but he doesn't seem to be mingling, he's the only guy here not wearing a kurta pyjamas. I glance back over to the corner and see Leyla pulling her uncle into a room. She did notice the guy then...

Short chapter guys sorry! Quick recap Leyla's uncle is called Aravinda Sharma and is played by Anupam Kher.