Chapter 5: Liar

A few days later, the doctor told you you could see Sherlock since he was stable enough. "Now I must warn you, Miss (L/N), you need to keep him from talking so much. He is still recovering." The doctor and you laugh at this. "I don't think you know who you're talking about, Doctor, but I'll try." You said and you make your way towards Sherlock's room. You were almost there when you see Janine walking the opposite direction.

Clearly she went to see Sherlock and you see that she's got a smug smile on her face. Her walking turns slow when she sees you coming and you just smirk at her and keep walking.

"He's all yours now." She said to you.

You smile widely at her and said. "Wouldn't have it any other way."

And you flash your engagement ring at her, you laugh when you see the dumb founded look she gave you. You open the door to his room and see him messing with the morphine dispenser. "Hello, love." You said, softly. He looks over at you and smiles, you were about to walk over to his bed but somethin caught your eye.

A stack of newspapers form the Daily Express and the Daily Mirror. The headline of the Daily Express read Shag-A-Lot Holmes. You look at the red strapline at the top reading of the Daily Mirror which read Exclusive--Sherlock Holmes Kiss and Tell with the main headline saying 7 Times A Night In Baker Street. The last one made you snort with laughter and Sherlock looks over at you, confused.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Seven times?! Really?!" You said and you look back over at him with a playful smile. "Was it a rough day? Because when you're with me it's ten times a night." You said sarcastically and Sherlock chuckles at this for awhile before he takes in a sharp breath. You walk over to his bed and sit on the edge of it.

"Hey....just relax.....I guess it still hurts, doesn't it?" You asked him, softly. He nods as he tries to get comfortable again. "You need more morphine?" You asked.

"That's a phrase I wouldn't have expected to come out of you." Sherlock said and you smile.

"Well this is suppose to help with the pain, so do you need anymore? I'll increase it if you need me to."  You said.

Sherlock shakes his head and you reach out, grab his hand and kiss it. "I was afraid I was going to lose you." You said, softly in a shaky voice. "I told you before......I'm not going anywhere. You can't get rid of me that easily." He said giving you a smirk. You smile and lean forward to kiss him on the lips.

He kisses back and cups your face in his hand as he makes the kiss deeper and a little more passionate. You then hear his heart monitor go crazy and you pull back and wait for the heartbeat to go back to normal. "Didn't know I had that much of an effect on you." You replied, giggling. Sherlock smiles for a moment but then it drops and you can tell he has something to tell you. "Sherlock? What's wrong?" You asked.

He looks at you for a moment, closes his eyes and lets out a deep sigh. "It was Mary." He said. Your eyes widen and lean back as he said this. "What?" You asked. "Mary was the one that shot me. It was her perfume I smelled not Lady Smallwood. Magnussen has something on her and she was there to kill him." Sherlock said to you and you start to let out a few quick breaths.

"Oh God.....I....I....I knew there was something up with her. When I first met her, I had this unsettling feeling that there was something wrong with her. I just thought I was being paranoid and over protective of John but....." You said as tears start to form in your eyes.

"And the feeling grew after the bonfire incident with John. She knew that the text she got was a skip code where ordinary people would have thought it to be a chain letter." You said and Sherlock looks over at you. You look him in the eyes and said. "If only I figured it out faster, you wouldn't be lying in this bed with a bullet hole in your chest."