As it should be

A/N: Here's chapter 3, hope you enjoy. 

Jace's pov:

The more time I spend with Nevaeh, the stronger the pull gets. She will soon submit to me as her mate. Running with her towards the pack house was fun, what was surprising is that as the pack house came into view she ran past me. It pissed me off, I am an Alpha, the strongest, fastest, the leader of one of the biggest packs in the country. I came in second to a female, well my mate but still I pisses me off. I shifted, rolled my shoulders back as I cooled my features into a mask.

I watched out the corner of my eye as Nevaeh walked behind a tree with her bag. When did she get the bag? I wondered trying to think on that, I concluded she must of not have automatically followed me when I lead her to my pack house. She did eventually follow me, which is good, it shows that she is a kind person to want give my pack members the chance to thank her. It also shows that she could have just left me behind, but she didn't, maybe she was just shocked to find her mate. Maybe that's why she hasn't let me touch her yet. I walked over to the stash of pair clothes that are under the back steps. I got dressed in no time, once I finished I felt eyes on me that sent tingles all over my skin. I smiled and turned to my mate with her black t-shirt and ripped black skinny jeans. She is gathering her shoulder length dark brown hair into a low pony tail. I wanted to take that ponytail out of her hair do badly, my hand twitched.

She walked over to me with a natural sway of her hips that made me want to grab her and claim her as mine, right here and now. I was so focused on her hips, I didn't realize she was right in front of me until her scent got stronger. She looked at me with crumbling resolve as my eyes met with hers, but it went away so fast I thought I imagined it.

Her brown eyes became hard as she said, "I am just here to give your pack members a chance to thank me, after that I am leaving".

Her words hurt a bit, I shifted my stance subtlety so I wouldn't focus too much on the sting in my chest her words caused. I smiled at her, the smile that always meant 'I'll get my way' as I said, "I wouldn't be too confident about that, if I were you Nevaeh".

She raised an eyebrow at me with a smirk on her face as she said, "Oh you like having a rouge on your territory then, Cooper".

My eyes widened as I watched her walk into my pack house. My mate is a rogue? I shook my head and mind linked the pack doctor about Nevaeh coming to check on the girls, so that she didn't attack her on sight. briskly walked into the pack house, following her scent until I came to stand in the doorway of the infirmary where the females that Nevaeh saved surround her thanking her for saving them, complimenting her on her strength and asking what pack she belonged to. I watched her closely as she responded to them. She cracked her knuckle on her right index finger when she said, the woodland pack. I walked into the room until I am a breath behind my mate, I wanted to feel the pull that exists between soul mates.

"How are they, Doctor?", I asked the doctor but my eyes stayed on the back of my mate's head, did I effect her at all?

"They are just fine, Alpha. Don't worry", the familiar female voice of the doctor told me.

"Ladies please take the rest of the day to rest", I told him letting my alpha tone slip out slightly since I didn't want to argue with them right now, "Thank you Doctor".

"It's my job Alpha", she told me, I reached out to grab hold of my mate's arm but she turned casually to face me with a subtle glare on her face, that screamed, 'do I need to bite you?'.

I smirked at her then frowned as she walked to the door and said, "I should be on my way ".

I blow out a frustrated breath from my nose, then said as calmly as I could, "Nevaeh, stay, we have other things to discuss".

"No, we don't", She looked up at me, brown eyes meeting blue eyes, I stepped closer to her, "At least not now".

She turned and started to leave, I mentally called everyone in the pack house to block her from leaving. I took my time following after her, I knew she wouldn't start something that would result in her getting caged. So I watched her as she stood there, too still,in front of my pack mates blocking the exit. I stopped walking when I am right behind her, I watched as she slowly turned around to face me, with a look in her eyes that made me think, if looks could kill I'd be dead right now. I smiled at the thought, oh I love it that my mate has fight in her.

"Yes actually we do", I told her using my alpha tone on her, did she really think that I'd just let my mate walk out on me when I just met her.

"You don't have the power to make me stay, Cooper", she said the words through clenched teeth and in a low volume for only me to hear.

I had enough of this disrespect from her, I grabbed her hand. I reveled in the feel of the sparks that danced upon my skin from finally touching my mate, I felt the pull get stronger. I smirked as I placed it on my chest right over where my heart is and I placed my free hand on her chest right where her heart is and said loudly for everyone to hear, "I, Jace Cooper, Alpha of the Evergreen pack, hereby swear you, Nevaeh Wallace as a member of my pack".

I felt the pack bond flow through me and into her, sealing her as a member of my pack. I smiled feeling like the dominant one for once since I first saw her. Which is how I should feel all the time, but she'd changing that and I hate it. 

A/N: Thanks for reading, please leave a comment.