"Ze-"

Turn right. Her voice came before he even had to ask.

He nodded and started pressing to the right side of the river, hoping the current would carry him the proper way; it did. He could tell the water was getting deeper, and he tried to stick to the top where he could breathe the air and the current wasn't as strong, just in case he needed to act quickly again.

Another fork in the river. Right.

He kept to the right again, his bare hand grazing over the damp rock wall.

Ahead he saw a three way split and he waited for Zelda's instructions.

Keep going straight. You need to go down deeper so the current will carry you faster and not send you off the wrong direction.

Link dove and swam forward, launching himself off the bed of the river.

From now on just keep going either right or straight when you can.

He nodded again towards the gold and white wisp. The water was still getting deeper when he went back up after the fork, and the current stronger.

His entire body was suddenly yanked to the left as the river turned. It happened so fast he didn't see it coming. He tried to steady himself as the current grew quicker, but then he was pulled harshly to the right, throwing him off again.

The current was growing stronger still, and the water deeper, he couldn't keep up with it fast enough to stay above water and he was constantly being pulled under. Finally he got to the surface again just in time to see the cave ceiling speeding towards him. He ducked back under as quickly as he could and the river went down a little ways before pulling back up. He had no choice but to be carried along with it.

It came up so quickly he almost didn't see it. The mouth of the river, and after that - a fifty foot drop. He noticed the current picking up speed as the water grew more shallow. He barely had time to think as he neared the drop. His feet hit the hard bed of the river and he pushed off, once, twice, and then he was airborn.

He arched is body downwards, bringing his arms forward as he speed towards the still water of an underground lake.

He didn't even know if the water was deep enough for him to drop into it at his current speed, but he barely had time to worry. He hit the water head on and it felt almost like he was hitting the ground, but his body submerged in the deep water and he resurfaced moments later, gasping from the adrenaline of falling.

He noticed a dry platform on the other side of the lake and swam to it, pulling himself up onto it, thankful for dry land after Torsain-knows-how-long in the water. He collapsed in a heap, his entire body aching from impact with the frigid water.

He rolled onto his back after he regained some strength and he noticed a long, dimly lit tunnel, that stretched up so far he couldn't see the end. The wall on one side was rugged enough to climb easily and he guess this was the only way out and to the Lost Woods.

I think we took a wrong turn some where, came a childlike voice from the little wisp that floated behind him. But you're probably right, this tunnel may lead us there.

"Wait, you can talk?" Link asked the wisp.

Yes, and though I am not the current soul of Zelda, I can help you when she isn't available to you.

"So who are you? What do I call you?"

I am the most recent soul of Zelda besides the current one. I was the soul that was separated from yours to begin with. You may call me whatever it is you wish, I have no other name besides Zelda, but it does not belong to me anymore.

Link closed his eyes. He'd have to think up something for the wisp.

Link we must get out of this place. After we make it to the woods you can rest.

Link sighed and stood up. "Why?" He wondered.

The wisp glided over to the edge of the now still lake. I can feel something down there. Something big. Something dangerous.

"Okay." He didn't question it further. He stretched his arms, cracked his knuckles, and began the upward climb of the tunnel.

*********

And that's it for part FOUR! Yayyyy!! XD

So, guys, I literally love you all :) everyone and anyone reading this, I love you! XD i can't believe how high my story got up in the rankings for a few days there! You know what would be awesome? If we got there again! The way you can help? Leave me a comment telling me what you think, SUGGEST SOMETHING YOU WANT TO SEE, or just telling me to hurry my butt up with the uploads, and/or VOTE!

Oh, and if you like this story you should fan me so you can see exactly when I upload and I won't have to hunt you all down and send you messages ;) you know who you are XD

see you next time in -- The Legend of Zelda--Soul Song

TO BE CONTINUED...

(i always hated those on t.v. shows and everythin' :p)