Loving A Sinner- [Chapter 8]

The next day, I came from work and went to the basketball court where most of the neighborhood hung out.

"You done being difficult?" Asia asked with a bored look on her face as she came up to me.

"Yeah, I guess, why?"

"Tisha's over there," she pointed to where she sat on the bleachers with her face glued to her phone, not looking up.

I sighed and fought the urge to roll my eyes as both of us made our way to over to her.

Tisha still didn't look up.

I wonder if she was trying to hide her black eye from me. I don't know, I guess I'll see.

She finally glanced up at us. Her eyes landed on me and she didn't say a word. She rolled her eyes and went back to texting on her phone.

Her black eye faded from the last time I saw it.

"I thought you said you weren't going to try to be Iyanla and fix our lives," Tisha said as she looking at her phone.

"There's a time and a place for that and this was that time. Either y'all are going to be cool or not. You two fight too much to be close friends. The shit is aggravating and as much as it barely involves me, it's irritating not having you two be cool with one another."

"Asia, you acting like this is the first time her and I fought," Tisha said.

She sighed, "Are you two going to talk or not?"

"I really want to go over there and knock her ass out," she sneered.

"Make sure you can actually whoop me though."

Asia sighed and said nothing.

"Bitch, I'll go over this bench.

"You tried it the last time and I still threw your ass on the damn floor. You ran up and got fucked up."

"Both of y'all hoes need to shut up and actually try to get somewhere. We all know what happened with that damn fight. Tisha, you lost and Ny, you were talking shit. Some foul shit at that."

"Ok, fine. I'm sorry for charging at you," Tisha said stubbornly.

It took me a while, but I finally said it.

"I'm sorry for talking about your engagement and how you used to be back then. I was foul as hell for that."

She nodded, "....I accept your apology."

"So do I."

"Good," Asia said.

"I mean, I already know why you came at me like that."

"How do you know?" I glanced at Tisha skeptically.

"Nev told me. I saw her at the store, she pulled me aside and told me about her abortion and how you felt about it and I know that was some fucked up shit and I was wrong for sleeping with her boyfriend. She told me she never blamed me because she knew that I didn't know and I apologized. You were just trying to stick up for your sister and I understand. Even though I'm an only child, if I had siblings, I would do the same."