Ten

Akira staggered as she thought of how long it had been. She'd been sixteen when he found out? At sixteen her father would have let her be claimed, as was customary with their kind so why wasn't she? Akira looked closely at Blayne, and a horrifying thought popped into her head.

"How many women have you been with in the past six years?" Akira asked, still camly. Akira watched Blayne's eyes widen in shock, she was sure he wasn't expecting her to ask so bluntly but there it was and she wanted a damned answer.

"I don't know." Blayne answered, and watched Akira raise and doubtful eyebrow. "You don't know as in what? You lost count?" Blayne narrowed his eyes at Akira's snappy tone, "I've been with a few." Blayne admitted, reluctantly.

Akira breathed deeply, feeling the knife bury itself deeper in her chest. Of course he'd been with others. Look at him, there wasn't a way from someone who looked like Blayne to be a virgin or even celibate. Akira met Blayne's eyes with cold calculation. She wouldn't show him her hurt, she reminded herself. "Why didn't you claim me, or even tell me that I was your mate to begin with?"

Blayne watched as she closed herself off to him, he knew he'd fucked up and he didn't know how to fix it. He watched the bright green eyes he loved darken with pure anger. At any other time he may have been turned on by that but right now, he felt that he needed to be careful. It took everything he had not to lie, but he knew that would make everything so much worse.

"I didn't want to rush you. You'd just lost your father, and I didn't want you to feel overwhelmed." Blayne tried to talk soothingly, trying to calm her down. But she shook her head and looked down. When she looked back up, Blaynes heart nearly ripped in half. He could see the hurt, and the sadness she felt and he felt the guilt of it. He never wanted her to be sad, or hurt. He wanted to figure some things out and to give her time to get to know him.

"I'm sorry Akira, I am. I wanted you to get to know me before you found out." Blayne said, trying to get through to her.

Akira sighed, "I want to be alone right now. This, this is just to much. I can't process it, especially with you standing in the room." Blayne nodded, and headed to the door he didn't stop nor did he look at her as he left her alone in the room. Akira immediately broke down in tears. She had a mate all this time, all this time and she didn't know. Why? She couldn't come up with any excuse that would explain why he'd stayed away for so long. Maybe he didn't want her? Maybe she wasn't pretty enough? Hell maybe he was a man whore and didn't want to give up all the women? She wasn't sure and the pounding headache she felt only got worse by the second.

She didn't want to think anymore as she climbed into her bed, and passed out.

Blayne needed to get out of the confinements of the pack house, he needed to reset his head. Damn it he knew he should have listened to Thomas, but he also knew that either way Akira wasn't ready to hear nor was she ready to feel all that comes with having a mate. It was too soon, but he at least wanted her to know that he was there for her. And maybe she does. But giving her time right now was the best he thing he could do for her.

Blayne left the pack house, intending to take a walk but Vivian bumped into him and he had to catch her before she fell over. When she was straightened he released her but her hands stayed on his chest, swirling her fingers trying to seduce. "Move, Vivian." He ordered. Vivian kept her hand's on Blaynes chest, as she smiled up at him. "Thanks for the save. Where are you off to in such a hurry Alpha?" Blayne knew by her touch, and by her voice that she was trying to seduce him. She'd been trying hard for the last few months to climb into his bed, but Blayne had always denied her.

Blayne grabbed Vivian's wondering hands and moved them away from his chest. "I do not need to explain myself to you Vivian. Be on your way, and don't touch me like that again." Blayne had said it calmly, hoping that she'd just nod and walk away. But, Vivian was never one to make things easy.

Vivian hesitated for a moment, a small pout forming on her lips. Blayne mentally rolled his eyes and began to move away only to stop instantly as Vivian sneered. "You'll never win her." Blayne whipped around and growled, but even with the small flinch she continued to look smug. "I've heard she's had many lovers, and who knows just how many she's had while she's been here in such a short time." Vivian said without thought.

Blayne moved quicker than any normal human could, grabbing Vivian by the throat and lifting Vivian to her tippy toes. "You will cease your lies at once!" Blayne growled in her face.

Vivian tried hard to gasp out her reply, "I'm no-" she began but Blayne squeezed her throat harder. "I said at once! Never speak such lies again, because the next time that I hear an ill word spoken about Akira I will not hesitate to exile you from my pack, understood?" Blayne though calm on the outside had trouble controlling his beast on the inside.

Blayne shook her slightly when she didn't answer quick enough for his liking. Vivian gave a clipped nod, and then Blayne simply dropped her back to the ground. She fell to her knee's coughing and sucking in as much air in gasps.

Blayne moved forward, and crouched down beside Vivian. "Don't think that for one moment that I don't know that you called her a whore. I will not allow any disrespect for my mate." Blayne then stood, turned and walked away without giving another thought to the pathetic woman.

Unknown to Blayne Vivian sat on the ground, seething in rage. "No one take's away my title. Especially not that bitch Akira!" Vivian stared at Blaynes retreating form, "this isn't over my Alpha."