"Is this you and your mom?" Camila asked out of the blue and she snapped around to see her looking at three pictures in a photo frame. She grabbed it out of the woman's hands and put it down on the table facing her, her eyes watering as the raw emotion pulsed through her body, blinking rapidly and biting her cheek to stop herself crying in front of her again.

"Fuck, Lauren, I'm sorry," she said noticing her distress. "I didn't mean to upset you, I really didn't. Jesus, I seem to be fucking everything up today!"

She sniffed a deep breath and put the picture down next to her graduation photo and that of her and the guys. The ones she really wants to take with her. She stared at the familiar images for a few seconds as she settled herself once more.

Camila sounded really upset; and as angry as she was, Lauren knew she needed to offer the olive branch.

"Her name was Clara," she told her. "She was my best friend in all the world. I got her that for Christmas when I was seventeen; she gave me this."

She placed their family treasure on the table and lifted the lid, smiling as Camila's eyes lit up at the sight.

"Don't get excited, Miss Cabello. It's not real but it was the closest thing we have to a family heirloom"

Camila blanched slightly as Lauren continued with her old way of addressing her.

"Lauren?" she said softly.

She looked across at her and met her sad eyes. "I really am sorry about following you here. Please don't punish me for it. I really did have your best interests at heart."

"I don't know if it's that easy, Miss Cabello," she told her. "I'm responsible for you and I'd never be able to forgive myself if something happened to you because of me. I don't need another person haunting my sleep, you know?"

Camila looked down at the floor as the words sunk in. After a few seconds, she looked up at Lauren with sadness and a hint of shame on her face. Maybe, she'd finally got through to her.

"I understand, Lo, I really do. I was trying to be selfless, trying to be a friend. In the end, I guess I was just being selfish. What I did was stupid and thoughtless, and not just putting myself at risk, I'm sorry I intruded on you as well."

"I know you are, but thank you anyway."

"Can you forgive me?"

"Probably. Give me time." It was a total lie. She'd already forgiven her. How the fuck could she not forgive her? She's totally incapable of doing anything but that.

Camila smiled at her reply and picked up the necklace, holding it up to the single bare 60W bulb that was the only source of light.

"It really is beautiful, you know. Fake or not, it would totally suit you. It matches your eyes. It would work wonderfully with that dress I got you. You should wear it sometime. We're totally going to have to do a few fancy events over the next few months, you'll knock people dead."

"I told you..."

"I know, Lauren," she interrupted, slotting the necklace into its box and closing the lid, "but you really should show yourself off. You're in great shape and that tattoo is beautiful. You're getting paid to attend these events, why not live a little and enjoy them?"

She shook her head, "it's not me, Miss Cabello, that person isn't who I am."

"Ok, fair enough," she said simply placing the jewelry case onto the table and hopefully giving up. "You said your mom gave you the necklace then, for Christmas?"

She was trying to change the subject now, Lauren could tell that. Unfortunately, she'd just latched onto another difficult one.

"She did. It was my last ever Christmas present, and she gave it to me because she knew she was going to die."