Beautiful Disaster Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

                Back in the day it had once been a game for Toro. The ones that drive him wild are the women who simple don’t need him. Unfortunately for the old mate with his rough deep voice, easy on the eyes and muscles that are cut and toned to flawlessness he always won. But most of all human women he just doesn’t have a taste for.

                 Toro is an inx a very inhumanly beautiful male with very sharp features; cheekbones, chin, ears, and eyes. He has long fingers and beautiful chiseled body frame with scars from war and tattoos from his achievements. The inx love to mate and Toro has already found his beauty a few years back. And we men have finally had the chance to welcome him to the wondrous world of: marriage, the signing of a man’s life away.

                He waves us over before setting down a washcloth and rounding the bar to greet us. “Ay! My old mates come to see me?” He smacks each of us on the back.   

                “It’s been a few years, old friend. It’s great to see you.” 

                “Ach! It’s no worryin’ about that now. Yer drinks have been waiting.”

                Guiding us over to two empty stools at the end of the bar he slides us our extra large mugs filled to the brim. “See that there hasn’t been much change.” Cole says before taking a gulp of the ice-cooled beer.

                “No need.” Toro pours a shot glass and slides it over to someone at the opposite end.

                “How’s your wife?”

                He smiles putting even the best looking men to shame. I swear all of the women in hear somehow harmonize a well orchestrated sigh of desire. Toro doesn’t even seem to notice. “Already got another barron on the way. We are expecting twins.”

                I shake my head. “It hasn’t even been the first twenty years and you already are about to have three kids.”

                The man laughs. “Well at least I’m not the one turned into some American.”

                “They aren’t all bad.” 

                Cole destroys my attempts at my defense. “The food’s pretty bad.” 

                Well nothing can really compare to Toro’s cooking.

                As old friends reuniting we bustle into chatter of the good o’ times even though things were never simple, catch up on the past few years, and discuss things that are norm; family and what the other guys are up to. No one seems to pay attention to us when the topic of the Otherworld is mentioned, either. Toro had another bartender take his place as we all made ourselves comfortable at the bar; well continuous rounds of free beer.      

                Time gradually progresses and people come and go. Bartenders change and waitresses make their rotations. At a point Toro had to excuse himself to break apart a fight that was beginning to get pretty heated. Cole has been having a pretty good time overloading on the beer; even though it won’t affect us.   

                There are a lot of skanky women in low cut shirts, skirts that reveal far too much, and make-up that masquerades their faces. And a few of have made their attempts on each of us. Too bad we all have the pretty-little-ring to show up for it.    

                “I don’t know why they keep trying,” Cole shakes his head as we watch Toro deny a woman in a sleek black dress with five-inch heels.