Chapter Ten

Violets POV

Walking aimlessly through the empty corridors, I listen to the boys all laughing and joking around and I cant help but feel isolated, its been 5 long months since I dropped Lara back at her apartment. I still remember the shock and confusion on her face when I told her Byron had obtained her keys from the slave house and had paid for 6 months rent, a fact that confused me too. It was the first time I have known Byron to do something entirely for someone else.

He has been a complete mess for the past 5 months, he has hid it from everyone else but ive picked up on the little things that the other men havent. Hes been staying up later in the day, pacing the corridors, muttering. Once a week he sneaks out before sunrise to check up on Lara, I followed him a couple of times when curiosity got the better of me, I watched him stand on her balcony, watching her sleep restlessly through the window, his hand pressed to the glass.

Thats when everything made sense. Byron loves Lara. My biggest question is why the hell he let her go?

"Violet?" I spin quickly at Byron's low voice, so emersed in my thoughts that I didnt even sense him nearing me.

"Byron." I acknowledge, as he falls into step with me.

"I need you to do something for me."

"A request?"

"More of a mission." I stop, he copies then turns to face me.

"What ... mission?"

"I need you to check on Lara. She is in an acting group. I need you to go and watch her show. I fear she is ill and I have a bad premonition about the shows."

"Then why dont you go? Byron, I know you have feelings for her ..."

"She has none for me." He replies angrily, trying to force me into dropping the issue.

"Bullshit Byron. If she didnt feel anything then she wouldnt have dragged her feet leaving here. She wouldnt have looked back at me in the car with regret." For the first time since ive known him Byron looks lost for words, his mouth opening and closing like a fish with no noise passing his lips.

"You think there is still a chance?"

"Strong feelings dont just disappear. I love you like a brother Byron ... but you really are thick."

"It doesnt matter. You go. I have other business to attend." He walks off before I can argue, he is such an idiot. Standing alone in the corridor, excitement sets in, im going to see Lara, racing to my room, changing into a violet dress to match my hair I slip on my 4 inch black heels and grab my black jacket. Spinning in the mirror I smile, I look good. Stepping out of my bedroom I accidentally bump into Byron, he helps steady me, a single white tulip held gently in his hand.

"Give this to her." I gently take the flower from his outstretched palm, he disappears as I stare intently at the flower, it really does remind me of Lara's pure and gentle spirit. Smiling to myself I quickly go to the garage, grabbing my keys from the wall I slip into my metallic purple Audi A4, my beautiful baby. The purr of the engine sends delightful shivers through my body, savouring the feeling for a few minutes, a smile plastered on my face at the wonderful sensations this car brings out in my body, it is almost orgasmic.

Pulling my car into the parking lot a few streets away from the theatre I reluctantly stop the engine, frowning for a moment before clearing my head, Lara, I am here to see Lara. Just like that my disappointment turns to excitement and I jump out of the car, grasping the tulip in my fingers I lock the doors as I run my hand over the curves of the body as I walk around it. Walking confidently towards the theatre, the bustle of people, the stares people give me for my hair, I smile, I adore my hair and I am proud of it. Stepping up the steps, nobody stops me until the doorman steps into my path holding a clipboard.