Chapter Nine

His eyes turn soft, a smile creeping across his face, my heart stops as it makes him look so young and carefree and attractive. Oh gods my body feels like it has fire racing through my veins, what is wrong with me, my breath catches in my throat as he leans his head down, his breath feathering across the skin of my throat, my heart feels like it is about to leap out of my chest as it races.

"I can hear your heartbeat little Lara. Is it fear or excitement I wonder?" I completely forget how to breathe, his lips curl around my ear lobe and I swear I melt into a puddle of mush into the sheets. I have never felt my body like this ever. Why do I have these feelings around Byron, the one person I should hate, im his slave for gods sake, but for some reason my body recognises him in ways I dont understand.

"I ... I dont know." I stutter, my body filling with a pressure I dont understand.

"Youre so innocent." Byron whispers against my neck sounding distracted, his lips feather up my throat and across my cheek before hovering over my own lips. My body suddenly breaks out of my minds control, my arms wrapping round his neck, my lips connecting to his as my body arches up, touching as much of his body as I can. His hand curls around the back of my neck like a cool branding iron as his lips take control of mine, I follow him willingly into the unknown, the tension rising in my body as the kiss deepens. His lips feel like velvet and as his tongue duels with mine I realise this is what I have been missing my whole life. I have had boyfriends but no one has ever awakened this much longing in my veins with just a simple kiss. I am well and truly screwed. My hands fist in his hair, refusing to let him move away even as my body feels like it is going up with flames, his hand slowly caresses down my body, resting on my lower back, holding me tightly to his body, his arousal pressed against my thigh as his lips trail back to my throat as I try to catch my breath. His fangs sink into my neck and I am well and truly lost. Stars wink infront of my eyes, the pressure that was building under my skin suddenly breaks like a wave crashing onto the shore, Byron's body pressed mine down against the sheets and with every pull of his mouth little fireworks explode through my body. After a short while Byron lifts his head, licking the small drop of blood from his lips watching me, the sight should disgust me but it fascinates me instead.

"I should not have done that ..." He suddenly jumps from the bed, traitorously my body aches for him to come back, sitting up I drag my knees to my chest suddenly feeling unsure of myself as Byron paces around the room.

"Im ... im ... sorry." I apologise, not sure on what to do, wanting desperately to escape from the room but I stay frozen on the bed, helplessly watching him. He stops and faces me, my heart jumps at his intense stare, the evil glint back in his eyes. What have I done?

"Im going out. Stay here." He disappears from the room and the tension I didnt realise was in the room snaps like an elastic band, my breath releasing in a quick gasp of air. After a few hours I had got changed, showered again feeling dirty for some reason, I have refolded all my clothes and made the bed. Throwing myself onto the straightened sheets I flick on the tv, flicking through the channels angrily, frustrated by Byron's behaviour but more annoyed that he ordered me to stay here. I settle on putting moulin rouge onto the tv I snuggle down into the pillows.

I suddenly jerk awake as a cool hand brushes over my cheek, as my eyes snap open they connect automatically with Byron's. Leaping from the bed I turn, pointing my finger at him in anger.

"You? What do you want?" I almost growl out, my voice strong with anger, he appears infront of me but I stand my ground, glaring up at him.

"That is no way for you to talk to your master."

"Youre not my master when we are alone."

"You will always treat me with the respect a slave gives her master."

"Fuck you." I shout at him, letting my anger roll through me, damn the consequences. My back being slammed against the wall only angers me more, he stands toe to toe with me but my adrenaline races through my mind blocking out my bodys desire to press against his body.

"Apologise."

"No. Let me go."

"No Lara. You are mine. I tell you what to do and you do it with a smile on your face."

"Fuck you. Just because you use your vampire powers on me doesnt mean I cant fight back. Go and buy yourself an obedient slave." He steps back, crossing his arms angrily, I mirror his actions, ignoring my bodies demands to step closer to him.

"You think I used my vampire powers?"

"Dont act so surprised that I worked it out. Of course you used them. I would never feel the things I feel for you if I was thinking straight. I would go for someone like ... Paul. Not an abuser like ... you!" I shout at him, going to barge past him, he catches my arm in a bruising grip, ripping my arm away I glare at him.

"You want to be with Paul? ... go then. Get out of my face and my home. I free you as a slave. Go!" For a second I swear I see hurt flicker in his eyes, racing to the door I pause, looking back at him, his head bowed, feeling like I am making a mistake I quickly slip out of the door and into the corridor. Leaning against the wall it feels like my heart has been ripped out, why? We shared one kiss and all of a sudden my heart feels like it is exploding into tiny pieces, pushing away from the wall I race through the corridors until I literally bump into Violet.

"Lara? What the hell happened? Why are you crying?" I swipe my hand angrily across my eyes, when the hell did I start crying?

"Im leaving Violet. I am no longer Byron's slave." Where before I would have been ecstatic to be free, now I feel like it is a huge mistake. Something is seriously wrong with me. Violets dejected face almost crushes my decision to leave.

"Oh ... okay. Here, let me drive you home then." Her forlorn words whisper through my mind as she grabs my hand, leading me out of the underground complex and into the house. As she opens the front door I freeze, breathing in the cool night air feeling it swirl around me like tiny fingers, the night sky has never looked more beautiful than it does now, the stars look like glitter across an endless canvas and the moon is the spotlight guiding you home. The silver hues and empty shadows only add to the beauty of the world. Isnt it funny, to really appreciate the beauty of something it first needs to be taken from you, only then do you realise what youve been missing.