She walked to him and caressed his face slowly. "Is it because of Queen Ruh?" He sighed dropping his head to her shoulder. He had accepted Nadiya when she came back but could he accept her? Would she even come back? He felt his anger simmer again as he pulled her closer. He cupped her face with his hands. He restrained himself from doing it. Guilt strained his lungs as he edged closer to her.

     'She chose to come with me.' The scholar's words echoed in his mind. That was enough. He had reined in his anger long enough. In the darkness, his lips claimed her ferociously. His lips assaulted hers mercilessly. Until, he felt as if he might drown, he broke apart  and gasped for breath like a man surfacing the water after drowning.

     "Stop." Her breath came in pants as her chest heaved up and down against his. "Don't you want to talk about this? Don't you?" She rasped out fearing for his sanity. Her breath still brush his neck as he looked at the ceiling. Talk about what? He thought. About how everyone leaves in the end. How his worst fear came true every time? How scared he was to mount the horse tomorrow and just to find her in love with another man?

      He didn't want to talk about them. Somehow, he feared that if he might talk about them, it would all come true. He hoped she had a very good reason as to why she chose to go with that imbecile. "No, I don't want to talk about. I want to forget about them for a while." He told her and she nodded in agreement.

A/N: Intimate scenes ahead. Do not read if you're sensitive or underage)

     His lips found hers again. He was ferocious and she was equal in meeting in half way with the same fire. His hands slid to her hips, slamming her closer towards him. Her hands wound up around his neck as he swallowed her every moan. His legs trudged forward step by step and hers backward until the back of knees hit the bed. He gave her a gentle push as she fell on the bed, he climbed over her hovering above her.

He drew her lips out in a short breathless kiss and let his head fall nipping her neck. He licked and suckled her collar bone earning moan from her. His hands pulled her chemise upwards until his hands raked her raw thighs. He rushed to untie his clothes, lest he give in to his guilt. He didn't waste time in tracing her legs to his hips and settled inside her earning a gasp from her. Her nails raked his back as his started moving faster inside her. They both crashed in each other's arm as he had to bit into her shoulder to muffle his groans. His breaths came out ragged as he found sleep claiming him. He had forgot, just for a short while, he had.

(End of scene.)

***

Nadiya shifted from her dreamless sleep. Their late night endeavour had throughly exhausted them both. She saw beside her him sleeping peacefully. The door rapped again. Slipping out of her bed she threw on her chemise and wrapped herself in a shawl. Opening the heavy door she saw the other brother looking at her evilly. She was told to stay away from him.

"What is it? The emperor is inside." She told him to warn him that he could not threaten her now.

***

Salim gripped her elbow and pushed her to the wall trapping her between the wall and him. "Don't f*cking act now!" He said through gritted teeth.

"Let me go!" She yelled.

He clamped a hand to her mouth to stop her from screaming. She could feel his eyes widen as he shifted her shawl and chemise. She struggled but he kept on shifting until his eyes graced her cleavage.

"You're not Nadiya, are you?" He asked her and her reaction was enough to know that she was not.

"Who are you working for? Who sent you here?" He let go of her mouth. She but she bit his hand and he let her go with a wince. He shook his hand as she stumbled back inside the room and shut the door.

He rapped the door again. This time louder. "Open the door." The door opened this time, to reveal Jellal with tousled hair. Behind him, he saw the woman glaring at him.

"What is it? Is it morning already?" He yawned. Salim sighed. He wanted to scream the truth but he couldn't. He needed more proof and he needed Ruh begum inside the palace safely before he could reveal it. Glaring at her he told Jellal the arrangements were made. Before leaving he nodded to the guard, he had paid him to keep a close eye on her but not to get in her way.

He knew by telling her that he knew she wasn't Nadiya, she would surely rush to whoever she was working for and inform them. Then he would be a target. It was his plan to get closer to the person controlling this whole ring.

He should've known. What mighty job she had done fooling everyone, including him. If only he hadn't met the person who told him this secret while he was incognito, he would've never known.

It had happened when he realised about the mole. That night the person had walked into his chambers quietly.

"I know, you know about Nadiya."

"How do you know?" Salim asked calmly.

"I have my ways. But I thought Jellal would figure it out first and much sooner. How disappointing..." He spoke again pacing towards him out of the darkness into the moonlight streaming in from the window. His face was curved in a smile and his scar glinted in the moonlight.

Salim shook his head from the memory as he saw Farookh who was dragged out of the dungeons. They both shared a secret smile, for if not for him, he would've never known that the Nadiya in the palace was an imposter. His scar again glinting in the sunlight.

***

BOOM!

And that is how you light a bomb right from chapter one and it blasts in the faces of readers. There is a lot of things that are still remaining but the clues were always there. I don't know how you guys missed it.

Honestly, how many of you resemble the pic above?