Chapter 3

• इन्हें समर्पित: madamruling

Chapter 3
The Moon in his harem.

A breath of relief ghushed from his nostrils as soon as she breathed out. He was watching her sleep. She was curled like a ball against him. He felt guilty because he never spent time with her.

He kissed her forehead and tried to get up. It was morning already. But her fingers clutched onto her tunic. He sighed and kissed her tiny hand once. Patting her head full of hair, he got of bed.

"Baba" She mumbled. She was rubbing her fists on her eyes and then she opened her eyes, in a minute she quickly leaped into his arms.

How children got this much energy was a mystery to him. His smile matched the gleeful smile on her face. He kissed her cheek,

"Good morning, my jaan..." He cooed at her. She giggled in return.

Jaan. How fitting it was. Jaan meant life. She was his life. He had only lived till this day only for his daughter. And she was the only person in this cruel world who loved him no matter how much of a scoundrel he was.

He hissed as she had pulled one of his locks of hair. Still, he smiled. He never knew he could love anyone more than himself until she was born. And she was perfection.

Much to his dismay he had to leave his four year old bundle of joy, the Imperial duties were to be done. He got out of the room to be met by servants who were curiously glancing at him.

He knew what it was about. Anything that happened at the palace, news would spread like wild fire. He had a vague idea that this time the gossips were about him and his newly wed bride.

Gossips must've even spread to the stables that the emperor did not spend the night with his bride and all of them were curious as to the reason behind it.

Jellal shook his head. He didn't want to be distracted by futile things like the palace gossip. He needed to concentrate on his duties. He quickly walked to his chambers.

***

Ruh woke up to the sound of squawking of parrot. She got up and quickly went to her window where the bright green bird had perched itself. She slowed placed her hand on the window sill and waited for the bird to warm upto her. It did after a few moments as it climbed on her arm. She stroked it gently.

"I've prepared the hamam for you. May I be so bold to ask what kind of oils you desire?

Ruh sighed and looked at the sun that looked like a Badami mango. Red and yellow swirled in the circle.

"Jasmine." Ruh told the slave girl.

She swiped her long hair and collected on her right shoulder. It was knotted and rough. She began slowly removing all of her jewellery.

Along with the sleep there was a question that pressed in on her mind. He hadn't come in to her last night. But why? The Emperor was a mystery to her.

***

After her bath and a fresh set of clothes she was given a tour of the harem. The harem itself was a large place. The harem not only held living quarters for Queens and concubines but also dancers, a marketplace, a common room for playing games, arena for sword fighting. She was surprised by the amount of women that lived here.

After the tour it was still a few hours into the morning. She decided to supervise the kitchens, that was what her mother did back in the palace anyway. Just as she left her chambers with her maid, Ila , she was met with amusing glances. And some even dared giggle. Why were they laughing?

"Why are you all laughing?" She enquired in their native tongue They all stiffened in shock.

"Ruh Begum, I'll tell you why? It's despite of being a begum, we've heard Jellal didn't spend the night with you?"

Till Life Bring Us Together... {COMPLETED}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें