Chpt.4

His shiny leather boots clapped at the slippery street. Its cracks and holes filled with dying rain. They splashed like tidal waves the more the man thought about his news. He had to inform them as soon as possible. 

Different voices were heard with every home he passed. Parents would shout at their kids. Couples would shout at each other. Lost souls shouted at themselves. He ran through the slim maze of doors and alleys as if he had memorized an entire map this rural city. Which he did. He had absolutely no choice if he were going to keep his rank. It was the only way to put food on the table. The table with only one chair tucked underneath.

Sliding to a stop he knocked on the door and waited. Shivering in the cold. It opened, limited by a loose chain right below eye level. A pair of unenthusiastic eyes glared at the man gasping for breath at his doorstep. "Vi fant dem. De er i orden. Jeg trenger å fortelle sjefen." He choked out.

The pair of eyes widened as if they hadn't in several years. They disappeared as the chain was removed. The outside world leaked into the interior of the building right before immediately being cut off. A ceiling light switched on. Firearms were sprawled on tables and seats. Men and women sat idly. Boredom circulated through the air along with the smell of lit cigars.

Stares fell upon the man drenched in water standing in the middle of the room. He cleared his throat and announced, "We found them."

Across the room sat someone behind a magazine. The pages closed as the person behind looked up. He smiled. "Good job, Pat."

(sorry these chapters are so short. I'll try more next time. I hope you guys be enjoying my story. Don't hesitate to comment or anything! :3 luv ya)

(also no I don't know Norwegian. I just used google for stuff)