Jerk Brother or Protective brother?

Start from the beginning

“Ok then, Sohail?” Salman looked at him, and he nodded. Salman pulled my wrists up, and Sohail restrained me from fighting back or even moving.

“You have gotta be KIDDING me!” I yelled, looking up. They cannot do that! They were just beyond annoying right now.

“How did you get these?” Salman asked, completely ignoring my anger and looking at the bruises.

“What are they?” Sohail asked, looking. He could control my body with just one hand? Excellent.

“Handprints. On her wrists and…face.” Salman gulped. He let go of me, and asked, softly.

“You can tell me.”

“I don’t want to!” I snapped, looking away from both of them.

“Let me rephrase him, you HAVE to tell us!” Sohail yelled grabbing my arms and making me look at him.

“Are you trying to get me deaf? Do you doubt my listening abilities?”

“And are you trying to change the fucking topic. Do you doubt my smartness?” He countered pointing his finger towards me.

“Do not drop the f-bomb! And, do not yell at me for nothing!” I warned.

“Handprints are a big reason!” Sohail yelled back, louder.

“You know someone slapped me! Go ahead, you can do that to.” I yelled back, louder than him. We were officially in the first round of the-loudest-wins competition.

“I seriously want to right now!” He barked, and running his hands through his hair immediately.

“Shit! Sohail. Shut. The. Hell. Up.” Salman got up, and tried to get our attention.

“No I’m not. She is not telling me what happened.” He yelled at him too. I sat their, my thoughts in a jumble.

“She will if you stop yelling at her! It’s not the right time to…” he was furious now.

“Ugh! That’s it!” I got up and ran away. My brothers were now yelling at the top of their voices. All the drama in our lives was driving me insane. I needed to escape it. Was it the reality, or just one of my nightmares? I hoped it was a nightmare, but it was too vivid to be brain’s creation.

“Wait!” Salman called after me. He caught me soon, near the waiting area in the studio. Somehow, the receptionist sensed something was serious and left giving us some privacy.

“Just please. I…”

“Shhh…you don’t have to explain anything right now. Take your time.” He hugged me in those bear hugs that made me melt instantly.

“You are not mad at me?” I asked hesitantly. He had every right to be. He should be mad at me, but he was comforting me?

“Why should I be?”

“For being a trouble maker?” He pulled away, and cupped my face. He wiped the tears off my face with a thumb and looked into my eyes. His frustration was replaced by love, and a hint of worry.

“Hey, don’t you ever call yourself a trouble maker. You are everything but trouble to me.” Did he really think so? But I was the cause of all the media attention, of all the gossip floating around, the entire PR nightmare we were facing.

“Lizzie? Can I talk to you, alone?” Sohail came near us. I didn’t reply. I still couldn’t believe all that he said inside. It was so not him. He’d never ever behaved in such an unruly manner before. Yes, he was the player kind. But with me, he’d magically switch to being a gentleman.

“If you can act like civilized people.” Salman warned. He was angry at him, I knew that. He had every right to be. And he was the closest and the most protective of me from the three brothers.

“I give you my word. Can we?” Sohail asked, looking at me. I nodded slightly and we walked to his vanity van in awkward silence.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered, as soon as he closed the door. I didn’t reply.

“Please, say something. Anything. Yell, curse, and slap me if you want to. I feel miserable.” He begged, and he meant it.

“It’s ok.” I looked at him. He did regret his words; his usually straight face was heaped with guilt. He would never harm you, a voice inside my brain told me, and he’s your brother. He will never harm you. The voice repeated.

“No, it’s not. I’m really sorry. I don’t know how to prove it, but…”

“No, I mean it. Apology accepted. But I’m not gonna deny that the things that you said didn’t hurt.” I interrupted.

“I didn’t mean them. They just…”

“Give me some time. Please. A lot has been going on. I can’t even think straight right now.” I interrupted- again.

“I think I deserve it. But I just wanted to clear it. I didn’t mean what I said. The words, I regretted them the moment I uttered them. They just slipped. I will never hurt you. Or let anything or anyone else hurt you too.” He said, in tears.

“Something else is bothering you.” I noticed. He was the one politically correct ones in the family. He’d always think before talking. He was silent and grumpy all morning. He’d never behave like this, unless there was something huge troubling him at the back of his mind.

“We had a fight.” Sohail sighed as he sat down on the bed next to me. I got closer to him, and he wrapped his hand around me.

“Z?” I asked to which he nodded.

“She was pissed I forgot the three week anniversary. And I was already tired to handle her accusations. It kinda got out of hand.”

“Anddd?” I stressed. I knew it! There was something else. He would never go out of limits if it was just another normal day of work.

“She ended up calling me a jerk and storming out.”

“Note to self: If I turn lesbo, never date Z. Who seriously celebrates 3 week anniversary?!” I said, shocked. That was just plain stupid.

“Not that you’ll be able to date for five decades.” Sohail stated with a serious face. Now, it was a lot better.

“What? Sixty one when I finally date someone, kiss someone goodnight…”

“I said date. Like the group date thing. Kissing is OUT of question.” He wiggled his index at me.

“I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I like the protective you better than that jerky one.” I smiled. I was relieved to have my brother back.

“Yeah. I like the smiling you better than the teary eyed one too.”

I giggled. That was a signal I had forgotten him. I couldn’t stay mad at any of them for long. They’d always find a way to make me smile and giggle. They were my brothers after all. Crazy and overprotective. But still my brothers.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

who is your favorite brother??? 

did you like it? love it? hate it? let me know!! :D

I'm always in for suggestions!!

And  thanks  for  Reading!!