29

Neal.

"Keller." Noah said and almost shuddered at the name.

I froze in my spot looking at Lily as she interrogated Noah, I knew from her face that she was clueless about who Keller was and I wanted to keep it that way. Maybe it was someone else with the last name of Keller.

Could anyone other than Keller do this?

My subconscious mocked. It can't be him, I don't believe it. He's meant to still be in prison.

"Matthew Keller." He continued.

Shit.

"He said that if I didn't do what he asked that I'd pay."

"Do what exactly?" Lily asked leaning closer to Noah as he continued to tell her everything which still confused me and I didn't trust it. She was so quick to trust people and I didn't like it, I knew where it got you when you trust a person too much. They con you.

"He wanted me to give him my father, I know what he does to the people he 'wants'." His eyes brimming up with tears, it didn't seem weird to see a man such as Noah break down after a confession. Most of them didn't break this easily, maybe he was hiding something else.

"They never come back... and now my father has vanished." He stated, tears falling down his face. He tried to wipe them away with his hands but as they were tied it was with great difficulty. I couldn't help but feel a twist in my stomach as I saw Lily's face turn into more sympathy, I knew he was crying but anyone can cry on cue.

Noah soon calmed down and his eyes looked at Lily with no emotion, it scared me. I didn't know what he was thinking, why would he want to talk to her when he tried to kill her almost a few hours ago. It just didn't seem right.

"You find Keller, you end the case."

One thing is for certain, Keller is going nowhere near Lily. Not in a thousand years.

***

"Where are we going?" Lily asked, turning her head so she could see me. It was 4pm when we finally left work and I really wanted to do something.

So here we were in my car, driving around the streets of New York. I looked away from her knowing full well if I continued I would easily crash the car.

"You'll see." I replied softly, turning up the music in the car to stop her from asking any more questions. I wanted to take her mind off the case, off Keller. Who knew I'd care so much about a girl. Especially after Kate, I wanted to show her how much she meant to me. Sometimes I feel that we had come into a relationship too quickly, but moments when we would share whatever is on our minds at night and maybe not say a word but embrace each other. Those were the moments when I knew we didn't move too fast we were just right.

The New York skylines past us as we speeded through the city, I couldn't go too far though. This damn anklet. I wouldn't even be able to go to the UK with Lily when it comes to Christmas. I know she'll want to go back home when it turned to Christmas time.

Was she disappointed with me because of my past?

"Are you kidnapping me?" Lily replied jokingly, as she leaned back in her seat even more. Her work clothes still crumpled from the long day and her makeup starting to fade, her red lips were almost her normal pink tint.

"Not quite" I laughed, just a turn here and then... bingo. I parked the car outside the small café, I first found it with Peter. He said it was my kind of place and ever since then I hadn't been able to stop going there.

I quickly got out of the car and Lily followed, I felt her small hand intertwine with mine as we walked to the door and I swear I had never felt happier. I never thought I was able to feel this way about anyone since Kate, and now I don't regret a thing. Lily taught me to love again and I couldn't be more grateful.

I opened the door to be greeted with the smell of coffee and the sound of jazz playing.

"A jazz themed café?" Lily questioned but smiling up at me anyway, her eyes almost twinkled in the mood of the lighting. It was a dark café with low lighting and tables all around and then a stage were musicians were playing then a dance floor underneath the stage. Like the old days. It was defiantly my kind of place.

"Sir, madam, how can I help you?" A man said who was holding a menu, I looked over at Lily and smiled as she couldn't stop grinning at the atmosphere of the place... she was really beautiful.

"Table for two please."

****
"As if the waiter gave you his phone number!" Lily giggled as we opened the door to our apartment. It felt weird saying that, our. We'll have to go get some furniture of her own soon, what will happen if she wants to move? What if she wants to move back to England after the case is finished? I'll still be here, with my tag.

"You say that like you're surprised!" I retaliated back. "I'm so hot that i should be on the menu" I laughed taking the piss walking into the apartment and taking my hat and shoes off sighing as I did so it was nice to be home.

"Oh I know all too well..." Lily sighed underneath her breath, closing the apartment door behind her. Walking towards the bedroom and taking off her shoes and her necklace putting it in the cabinet next to her side of the bed. "I'm going to take a shower, I bloody stick" she said and I laughed at this. I walked towards her, putting my hands on her small waist, rubbing my thumbs in a circular motion.

"I could join? Save water?" I asked hinting clear in my voice, I watched Lily's face turn into speculation. "I'm not kidding." I said lowering my voice and bringing my face closer to her ear. "Think of the things we could do in there..." I whispered hopefully igniting her imagination.

Her breathing quickened and her perfume sent me in a lustful bliss as I leaned my head down and stared to nip at her earlobe and then suck gently. "You know you want to." I hummed.

Without a word Lily grabbed my hand and lead me to the shower, going to the bathroom and locking the door behind us out of habit I guess.

"You think you're so slick." She said in a voice which I loved so much, it was laced with anticipation and lust. As she reached behind her to slowly unzip her dress which I loved so much, which was soon a puddle of fabric at her feet. "You're such an arrogant ass." She said walking towards me putting her hands on my chest, to unbutton my crumpled shirt. I could already feel my breathing hitching the things this woman does to me. She took my shirt off and through it on the floor next to us, standing on tiptoes her lips reaching to my ear, her breathing sending my own into a trance. "You're so fucking arrogant Caffrey..." she sighed leaning down to kiss my neck and bite slightly. "But at least you're mine."

Those words, those words were all it took to grab her closer to me and turn the shower on....

Hey guys! I'm so sorry it's been so late updating but I was in huge writers block but hopefully I'll be updating weekly for 2017 so you'll have more to come soon! Happy new year and keep on reading!
Lil.