five

fourth week of third grade.

✨🌸✨🌸✨

ever since josh was a baby, he liked intense rock music. since ashley used to babysit him every night, and she used to listen to rock music out loud while he slept. like he was brainwashed to like the music she does.

and even though he's only seven, he'll listen to the loudest and darkest screamo ashley could enjoy and enjoy it with her.

it's something that they had together, something they shared that couldn't be taken away.

but since josh is so in love with this music, he's wanted a guitar for years. but since he was so little, they had to get him the next best thing.

a ukulele.

and even though josh used his drum set that he got for his last birthday more, he loved playing the ukulele too, since he learned when he was around four. he plays just around the house for fun, when he was bored, or wanted to entertain his siblings.

and being the egotistical seven year old he is, he brings his ukulele every day, playing it after school until his mom comes to pick him up.

the first song he ever learned on the ukulele just happened to be tyler's favorite song, since his family doesn't enjoy rock music or intense things- at least not around tyler.

when josh strummed the first cord tyler smiled wide. and even though josh eyed the cords as he played, he still could feel tyler's smile, since it was so intense and cheerful. like it had an obvious aura too it.

which it did.

josh strummed the cords while tyler started singing it, and even though puberty hasn't hit their voices- or any part of them- yet, tyler still sounded beautiful as he sang all the words to can't help falling in love with you to joshua.

josh was so smitten.

✨🌸✨🌸✨