Of mistletoe and banana suits

It was Christmas eve at the Powell estate. Snow covered the ground like a clean blanket and people were wrapped up in scarfs and big coats. Rose loved Christmas. She loved the Christmas trees, the decorations, the lights and everything. The Doctor however didn't really celebrate Christmas but this year, he had Rose and he was excited. They had decorated the TARDIS with trees, lights, tinsel, babbles, fake snow and probably every type Christmas decoration you can think of. The Doctor spent most of the decorating time running around, jumping about and getting tangled in lights. He was like a little kid. Rose was in the TARDIS living room, reading a book. The Doctor was thinking and struggling to wrap presents in his room.

He was thinking about Rose and in the process, getting sellotape in his hair. It took him about 20 minutes to wrap one gift. "I wonder if I can get Rose to kiss me" He said to himself. "I don't want her to feel forced into it. I want her to do it by choice. That's my dream. The only thing I want in the whole Multiverse. A kiss from Rose Tyler. And maybe more."

~40 minutes later~

The Doctor had eventually got the hang of wrapping presents. But only just. He had sellotape everywere. He went to see what Rose was doing. She was still reading. Rose took one look at him and burst out laughing. "What." He said. Rose kept laughing and dropped her book. "What!" The Doctor said again. Rose continued to laugh. "Stop it. You're scaring me." He said. Rose eventually stopped. "Come here." She told him. He did as he was told and was pulled down onto the sofa next to Rose. She started pulling bits of sellotape of The Doctor. Slowly though. She didn't want to hurt him. He was smiling and not breaking eye contact with Rose. She leaned towards him. There noses were almost touching. Then she leaned closer and...

Hugged him.

Then she got up to make them tea. The Doctor felt totally friend zoned. Now he wanted to kiss her more. He smelt her hair. It smelt like strawberries, blueberries, kiwis, bananas, rose and everything amazing. How he loved his Rose Tyler. No not his Rose Tyler. Not yet anyway...

Rose came back with two cups. A blue on with The Doctor written on it. Rose had got it him it for his birthday. The other one was the one he got her for her birthday. It was pink with Rose on it. There was pictures of Roses on it. The two cups contained tea. Milk first of course. Rose sat next to him and said "Tomorrow we are going to my mums house. Ok?" He sighed but nodded. "Hey, hey, hey. Cheer up. She won't bite. How about me and you watch some Christmas films?" Rose asked. He nodded more enthusiastically this time. He ran of to get popcorn. Rose laughed to herself. She was thinking. Thinking about him. She had sneakily took a picture of him covered in sellotape. "I have to get him to kiss me. I don't want to make him uncomfortable. So I won't push him into it.

When The Doctor came back, they sat on the sofa with blankets and cushions. They watched The Polar Express, A Christmas Carol, Its A Wonderful Life and The Grinch. The Doctor was a bit scared of the Grinch. Think about it though. The Doctor, defender of the Galaxy, scared of the Grinch. At some point though they fell asleep.

~Christmas Day. YAY~

Rose woke up first. She was laying on the sofa wrapped in blankets. It was nice and warm. Then she noticed a pair of strong arms also wrapped around her. Not just any arms though. The Doctors arms. She moved her head enough to see his face but just enough not to wake him. His eyes were shut and his hair was all fluffed up. His chin was resting on her shoulder. His legs were also wrapped around her waist. Rose thought about how easy it would be to turn around and kiss him. Super easy. She didn't want to wake him up because he looked thick he needed the sleep. She glanced at the clock. It showed earth time. It was 5:36. They weren't due at her mums house until 10:30 so they had lots of snuggle time left. So Rose slowly turned around so she was facing him, then snuggled up to his chest. They were in a very comfortable looking position. The Doctors arms and legs were wrapped around Rose and she was snuggled up to him. Both fast asleep and perfectly content.