Chapter 45 - Shouldn't Have Gone

"There is never time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment."

The small roll of paper in her fortune cookie reads.

"Neil Gaiman," she utters as she rolls the paper back.

"Well, can't argue with that," Ray starts. He is standing in front of the mirror, looking at his own reflection, and admiring the beauty he is. "That's so you."

Rays begins dabbing moisturizer on his face.

"Listen, if this ship sinks right now, who do you think will Damien save? You or Susan?" He mocks. "I don't think it's even a question!"

Angel sets her eyes on the chiffon fabric of the dress she will be wearing for the gala night tomorrow. Victoria wanted the turn over party to be held in a two-night cruise ship to the Bahamas. Angel and Ray arrived at Queen Mary 2, which was cruising the Sargasso Sea, not less than two hours ago via Victoria's personal yacht.

The dress is an Elie Saab couture which Hugo picked for her this morning. It's a ruby red gown covered in carmine sequins, the Vv-neck line opens until the waist line.

"I'm just going out for fresh air," she says as she reaches for her long fleece robe by the couch. On her sleeping slippers, Angel leaves the suite room. "I won't be long."

"See you in a bit. You need to get your beauty sleep, love," says Ray, while putting Angel's cucumber facial mask on his face.

She trudges down the corridor of the concierge level and into the open terrace by the bow.

The sky is lit up, stars awake and so bright, the fog sailing with the ship but the wind and cold serene. A few bits of curls falling from her forehead sway as her face meets the gush of wind when she enters the open deck. She has her arms across her chest, rubbing against the fleece robe.

Her legs stop as she recognizes the voice talking.

"I appreciate your thoughtfulness. And about the proposal, I will take that into consideration."

"Thanks, Victoria..."

Her gaze meets his, and he too freezes as though a cold jet of wind penetrates through his skin.

Victoria notices his shock that she follows his gaze, and when she sees Angel as stunned as Damien, she does what she feels is the best thing to do.

"Angel! We were just talking about something you will definitely love!" And she ambles towards her, then takes her by the arm, and pulls her to where she was standing next to Damien.

Angel clearly remembers Victoria telling her that Damien will not be arriving until tomorrow night just before the gala party. But what is he exactly doing here, on his white shorts and dirty white polo shirt, and his hair disheveled as though he's had his fingers rake through them before talking with Victoria.this conversation with Victoria.

"I'm just about to leave," says Damien, taking away his eyes from her.

"Oh nonsense! You stay here and tell Angel about your brilliant idea," Victoria insists. "I'll go see the suite suits Mary."

"Victoria..." Angel trying to stop her from leaving.

"Hush! You're not teenagers anymore," Victoria talking like a mother. "Stop this push and pull game. Talk, and settle this indifference." And she exits the open deck just like that.

The silence makes it more difficult for the both of them. Angel is raring to go but does she just walk away?

"You can do whatever you want, Angel," starts Damien, breaking the cold silence. "You can leave if you want." He walks toward the steel railing by the end of the deck from where he can see the ocean cutting into ripples as the ship sails forward.