Chapter 9 - Tongue-tied

Laughter fills the large living room.

As Damien strides along the corridor and toward the grand staircase, he hears a playful laughter—one he judged to be distinctly shy and reluctant. His head feels a little light though he had an ample amount of sleep last night after drinking Hunter's medicine. The man put something in it to let him doze off right away.

When he finds out who are in the living room, he instantly hides behind the huge marble column. There, Angel stands atop a circular platform, a foot high and a yard wide, wearing a white sheer body fitting gown. The fabric melts into her skin, emphasizing her curves really well. Two slender women in black tank tops surround her, encircling Angel's body with tape measures. Then his gaze travel to four mannequins that stand just a few distance away from the windows, dressed in white elegant wedding dresses. It appears that the laughter came from Angel as she does not look content with the selection of dresses.

"All I want is a simple wedding," she says. "A simple white gown will do. Don't make it too superfluous, Hugo." Obviously, the gowns on the mannequins have very long and ostentatious trains. "I think this one will do."

"Darling, you're going to marry Hunter Stone. He's a big fish, so expect a lot of people from around the world coming over to witness him finally getting settled," Hugo answers, running his pencil against the pad, probably sketching new designs or alterations. "People will look at you, and when they do, they see the dress. And when they look at the dress, they see me."

Angel gets his message clearly.

"But I think this one fits me well," she mumbles as her gaze travels over the dress. "It's effortlessly gorgeous."

Damien agrees with that. Angel is perfect in that dress. He knows his senses are back to normal, and yet Angel is bringing him back into a trance. She is so captivating that he will not complain about staring at her the whole day.

If only she's wearing that dress to their wedding day.

If only she is to marry him and not Hunter.

"Perhaps you can do some changes with on it, Hugo." A familiar voice catches his attention.

Damien steps forward to see who it was, and he is not surprised to see Ray. After all, he is Angel's best friend.

"Maybe on this part," Hugo says as he studies the neckline.

"Not too provocative, please," Angel asks as she tucks the divided neckline to the middle of her breasts.

"FYIJust so you know, Hugo," Ray says, "my friend here has the old maid syndrome."

The two assistants chuckle, and the one with curly hair states, "You should take advantage of Hunter as early as now. His past girlfriends always take pride of their adventures in bed. We are yet to hear one from you."

"Get rid of that mentality, darlingTake that with a grain of salt, sweetie." Hugo reprimands his assistant with a glare. "What matters is Hunter is going to marry you and not one of those piranhas who talk nothing but sex. Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn's adventures are much fun to hear."

Damien would not want Angel telling the whole world of her bedroom stories. It will deliver him to his grave.

RING... RING...

Damn it! His phone starts ringing—loudly—and it seizes everyone's attention.

Damien quickly turns it off after finding out it was just Eric. Nothing necessary will come out of his mouth; Damien knows it. He will only reprimand tell him offhim  about his health and probably suggests that he go back to Spain for another therapy. He did just that, and look what happened. He is left bemoaning that lousy decision.