Throwing my bags onto the vanity, I slumped myself into the bed, as I pushed the idea of showering or changing my clothes to the back of my mind. I shouldn't have gone straight to bed after eating... but what a day.

Staring at the ceiling, flashbacks from today's events rolled in, from the time where I met Edward at the bus and the games we played, the restaurant, the window shopping, and the fountain show. And of course, it ended up with all of those stumping questions Edward had thrown at me on the bus home.

And that's for the second time...

I should have been equipped with the proper answers, but I decided to blow this perfect opportunity by being the idiot I was. Edward was completely ready to listen had I told him everything, but the fact I have dodged his questions twice now... had guilt crushing me down like boulders. I groaned silently, covering my eyes with my arm. Isn't this what I've wanted for years? To let him know that I've always liked him and cared for him?

All of the rhetorical questions flew off when my phone vibrated in the nightstand. Another sigh escaped off me as I pushed myself to haul up and take my phone. Perhaps it was Aly hopefully telling me she arrived home safe with Mark's help, but I momentarily froze when the notification bubble spelled out someone else instead.

Edward: Hey.

Speak of the devil, Edward. As I repeated his name, I gulped the lump quickly forming in my throat. It might be a simple, short and straightforward text, but it was so impactful enough to make my heart thump. Why is he texting me...?

My fingers shook as I slowly typed in my response, but I immediately punched send before I had second thoughts.

Rena: Hey Edward, what's up? (:

Somehow, I snuck in a smiley emoticon, as though pretending like the bus incident never occurred. After answering him, I promptly sat on the corner of my bed, my fingers clasped tightly around my phone. Now that I don't have to directly see him, I can now be careful and not send him strange messages...

Edward: Sorry about the question. It was out of the blue.

There it was. The apology. He didn't even have to apologize in the first place. 

Rena: It's okay, I should have answered

I texted, my fingers moving a little too fast.

Edward: Don't worry, just forget about it.

What? I moistened my lips as I collapsed back to my mattress. Perhaps he reached out to me to address what happened earlier, but it definitely lifted me out of the sea of regrets. At least everything was settled and the awkwardness was out of the way... for now.

"Why do you still wanna be friends with me?"

"Why... do you wanna be my friend?"

His grave voice was crystal clear as he threw all of these similar questions towards me. He insisted on forgetting about them, but in some way or another, came back to it again.

What were his intentions from all of this? What did he really want from me...?

My phone then shook in my hand with a new text.

Edward: I forgot to ask you. Lynn's birthday is next month, but I'm really running out of ideas. I'm thinking of a hoodie or a bag. What do you think?

Not only was it a long text from someone like him, but he even asked about my suggestion. Despite what happened earlier, I placed it aside for now and focused on his new query. This one was, well... very easy to answer. But right... if I remember correctly, Lynn's birthday is around early November.

I contemplated which took quite a while, before gradually something flickered up. With a deep breath, I started pressing on my keyboard buttons. Letters began to form words, then a string of sentences, and without realizing, it quickly grew into a paragraph.

Rena: Hmm, I'm not so sure what she likes. I got her a bag back then, but she'll definitely love hoodies! I was thinking about those cute graphic T-shirts we saw back at the mall, but it's really up to you. Honestly, I think she will appreciate whatever gifts you gave her :)

Wow. That was one of the longest messages I had ever sent to someone, let alone a man, other than my best friend and Samantha. This was also kind of my first time giving some advice to a guy as well. And I'm... feeling kinda proud of it.

Edward: Yeah. I also considered those too, but I will think of it. Thanks, Serena.

Rena: You're welcome! Let me know if you got something :)

Edward: Will do.

I slightly warmed up and smiled broadly. I couldn't contain the bundles of joy blooming from inside of me at the thought of him taking my simple suggestion. I found myself quietly squealing as I laid down once again, but I pulled my phone closer to my chest.

Sure he could be so difficult... but that did not stop joy from blooming in me.