Chapter Twenty-Two: Date with Reality

Comenzar desde el principio

"Yeah, that works!! I'll tell Jen you had other matters to attend too. Bye Matty!! Nice to meet you Ms Osborn!!" With that, Franklin ran off.

"Where to we start?" I asked. I felt odd asking the blind man for directions, but if Franklin didn't see anything wrong with it, why should I?

"Wherever you wish Ms Montoya." I froze. Who was this guy?

"I beg your pardon?" His smirk widened, and he repeated, "Wherever you wish Ms Montoya."

"How do you know that name?"

"Danny told me. Granted, I was wearing an outfit that was a little more red than this but, I'm not one to forget a face." Daredevil. I was standing in front of Daredevil.

"Does your friend know?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Foggy? Nah, he doesn't know. And I would like it to stay that way, if you don't mind."

"Of course. That's fair..." There was a moment of silence before Matt spoke again.

"Why aren't you with Danny?"

"Thanks to Nova I found out about Misty Knight and that Danny was being a huge hypocrite."

"Right. Misty." He didn't ask anything else after this. He simply placed my arm around his and started to walk.

"You know, Hells Kitchen is an odd place to run too."

"I didn't mean to run here. I was angry and not paying attention to how fast I was running."

"How fast can you run?" I shrugged.

"Never really took the time to find out. Besides, if I need to really travel big distances I do this shadow travel thing."

"Sounds interesting. Where were you going?" Again, I shrugged. Matt paused before speaking again.

"Did Danny or Luke ever mention friends outside of S.H.I.E.L.D?"

"We haven't really talked about our outside connections yet, so no. But I knew Danny was friends with you."

"Well, I'm not exactly the key expert on girl stuff, and I guess I should mention that she probably isn't either....but at least you'll have someone to talk too." I raised an eyebrow.

"Where are you bringing me Devil?"

"To Jessica's. She's a friend of ours."

"Of yours or of Danny's?" He chuckled.

"Both. If you want, I'd be happy to bring you to a friend of mines, but I figured this would work better with someone who knows Danny."

"Smart." I muttered. We didn't say anything else afterwards, and I simply followed him. Despite being blind, he didn't falter much when walking; only when there was too many people around and he needed to put on a show.

"It's not much farther."

"Is she even home?" I asked. Matt paused next to me, tilting his head to the side.

"Yeah. She's home." I didn't ask how he knew. I just continued to follow him.

As we walked the rest of the way, I took the time to study him. His red hair was nicely combed back, styled in a non-douchebag sort of way. He had some freckles, but not too many. His red circle glasses made him seem....mysterious. He was dressed up, like he wanted to give off a good first impression for anyone and everyone. Or, of course, it could've been his school uniform.

"You want to ask me something don't you?" I frowned, glancing at him.

"No. Why do you ask?"

"I can hear you inhale like you're about to say something. So what it is?"