Chapter thirteen: Who I am

Chapter thirteen: Danny

I was tempted to follow Joy to Avengers Tower. She had so many secrets, so many things I knew about her, yet did not know at the same time.

"Yo Danny!"

"Yes Luke?" Luke wrapped an arm around my neck, pulling me over.

"Come on. You've been stressed out lately. Why don't we blow off some steam." He said, leading me down the street.

"But the helicarrier is that way." Luke chuckled.

"Fury ain't gonna help you, he's just going to add on some more stress. I'm saying we should hit the streets. For old time sakes?" Sighing, I nodded. I did need to get my head away from Joy. She was with the Avengers, she should be fine...right?

"Great!! I say we head for Hells Kitchen."

"You just want to see that girl you like again don't you?" I asked, as we walked over to a taxi.

"What?! No of course not. I want to help my boy Danny Rand get his mind off a girl."

"Whatever you say Luke."

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*

Hells Kitchen did have a lot of gang fights, which was good for someone like Luke who punched their way out of stress. Personally, I would have preferred meditation.

"Man, if meditation works so well, why are you still stressed?"

"Because I haven't meditated in awhile." Luke snorted.

"Just punch a few guys and you'll feel better. Pretend their Sam." I chuckled quietly. Maybe that will help.

"Should I ask who Sam is?" I smiled. I had a feeling we were close to where she worked...or lived. One of those.

"Jessica!! Didn't uh...didn't expect to run into you here." Luke said, grinning. I rolled my eyes, sitting down. This might be interesting to watch.

"You guys are beating people's head in and it's not even dark out. You sure you want to do it in broad daylight?" Jessica Jones was Luke's high-school crush. Originally she went to Midtown High, but she transfered into Hells Kitchen High. Rumor is she's trying to start up a private eye business.

Anyway, Luke pretty much goes out of his way to make sure he can see Jessica. Like purposely leading the gang near Jessica's house and making as much noise as possible to draw attention.

"Well maybe I felt like taking a little risk today." Luke said with a smirk. Jessica smirked right back.

"Cage getting out of his comfort zone. Well then, I was going to invite you inside, but if you two want to risk getting caught by the cops..."

"Which one is your house again?" Of course he knew. I'm convinced he sneaks out of the helicarrier to see this girl.

Completely different from Joy and I. I promise.

When we walked in, we were greeted another classmate of Jessica's and another friend of ours. You might know him as the Devil of Hells Kitchen.

He was studying law.

"Luke? Danny? Is that you?" He asked. I nodded.

"Indeed my friend. And how has the superhero life been treating you?" He chuckled.

"It's painful. Lot of lying to cover up where I got the scars....my friend wants me to get a dog."